GTP Alternative Christmas Special Wall: 1998-present Polyphony Digital Inc.

1998-present Polyphony Digital Inc.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Antarctica
Controls set for heart of sun
GTP_RogerTheHors
Nominated by @AudiMan2011

1998-Present Polyphony Digital Inc.
1024px-Polyphony_Digital_Inc.svg.png

Established:
April 2nd 1998
Formerly: Polys Entertainment
Offices: Tokyo, Fukuoka
Employees: 140+
CEO: Kazunori Yamauchi
Other information: Most known for producing the Gran Turismo series for Playstation, but also for Motor Toon Grand Prix, Tourist Trophy and Omega Boost.

The company that made "Real Driving Simulator" a thing since the 90's (excluding *cough* Sega GT *cough*).

Meh

Good: All of GT2
Exceptional: All of GT3
Bad: A chunk of GT4
Terrible: GT5's launch delays.

Unsure how this all balances out. I'll call it a meh.

We wouldn't talking on this forum without PD.

Every single one of the games they have made that I've played (GT3, GT4, GT5P, GT5, GT6) have been better than any non-racing game I've ever played. Gran Turismo has, is, and will be revolutionary. Who cares about delayed releases for GT5? We still got the game....

Meh... I'm tired, and that will take to long to post. Anyway,

Sub-Zero.

We wouldn't talking on this forum without PD.

Cool, partially because this. That said, I'm having mixed feelings about the GT series lately. Though I can't be sure since I haven't played 5 or 6. Though I'll probably play 7.

Gonna go with Cool for now, but I think they need to start doing something new. I don't have an XBOX, never played Forza Horizon, but I like the idea of open world racing and having to search out barn find cars. Be nice if Polyphony could try their had at something like that.

Seriously uncool because they made one of the best games ever (GT4) and managed to drop the bar with GT5 and even lower with GT6, considering what was expected of them.

I based my vote on what the company is, and not what the company has done.

For those of you who voted based on what the company has done; why?

I based my vote on what the company is, and not what the company has done.

For those of you who voted based on what the company has done; why?

Gran Turismo (since GT4's release) seems like the most in-depth game I've ever played- it's always felt like I can't get bored of it. The only reason I ever stop playing GT is because I want to play another game more, not because I'm tired of it. GT5 ended my Call of Duty addiction, and of course Call of Duty is uncool, so I would say the makers of GT5 are cool.

There's just something magical about Gran Turismo that no other game ever has.

Gran Turismo (since GT4's release) seems like the most in-depth game I've ever played- it's always felt like I can't get bored of it. The only reason I ever stop playing GT is because I want to play another game more, not because I'm tired of it. GT5 ended my Call of Duty addiction, and of course Call of Duty is uncool, so I would say the makers of GT5 are cool.

There's just something magical about Gran Turismo that no other game ever has.

But we're voting on the actual video game developer, not one of their games or their library. At any rate video games and video game companies are not cool, irrespective of how good in their field they are.

But we're voting on the actual video game developer, not one of their games or their library. At any rate video games and video game companies are not cool, irrespective of how good in their field they are.

Normally I would agree that video games are uncool but Gran Turismo and its developer should be an exception. PD convinced several real-life car companies to built concepts just for the game. PD included a lunar rover with moon missions in a racing game, and even if they're boring, space is very cool. I haven't even mentioned the boatloads of free DLC we've been getting for GT6- how is that uncool?

PD convinced several real-life car companies to built concepts just for the game.

Have they really or are they just CAD files on a harddrive? You should know from CIG that concept cars are seriously uncool.

PD included a lunar rover with moon missions in a racing game, and even if they're boring, space is very cool.

Space is cool, very true, but I'd disagree about the lunar rover. Frankly, I absolutely hate that addition but GT6 isn't what is up for polling. Coupled with this...

I haven't even mentioned the boatloads of free DLC we've been getting for GT6- how is that uncool?

It's still a video game. And a bad one, if you factor in the development times and promised content. Very, very few video games can defy their medium and become cool.

It can't be denied that in their own field Polyphony Digital are very good and have been incredibly successful, notwithstanding that over the last few years they have been resting on their laurels. But what is their field? Video games. They're just not cool. They weren't with the advent of the Magnavox Odyssey and they still aren't with the oversaturisation and zombie franchises the industry has seen ever since. An escapist tool still dominated by nerds.

Very frequently one has to say "I really like [polled subject] but it isn't cool". It applies here too. If you boil it down, what are PD? A bunch of programmers. Oh, and car enthusiasts.

Very frequently one has to say "I really like [polled subject] but it isn't cool". It applies here too. If you boil it down, what are PD? A bunch of programmers. Oh, and car enthusiasts.

He thinks PD is Sub-Zero, just deal with it. You can't make him think PD is not cool just because you say so and because other people think so as well. Just like you can't convince him PD is uncool, he won't convince you that PD is cool.

I for one think video games are cool, since I'm not ashamed of playing video games. I enjoy other things, but I sure wouldn't boast about liking them.

He thinks PD is Sub-Zero, just deal with it. You can't make him think PD is not cool just because you say so and because other people think so as well. Just like you can't convince him PD is uncool, he won't convince you that PD is cool.

We're just debating man, it's all good. :cheers:

Back