GTP Alternative Cool Wall: 1624-present New York City

1624-present New York City

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Antarctica
Controls set for heart of sun
GTP_RogerTheHors
Nominated by @Custom878

1624-Present New York City, New York, United States of America, the one next to Canada

nyc-monthly-parking.jpg

This is not the entire city. This is Manhattan, not that any of you care.

Population: 8,405,837
Mayor: Bill de Blasio
Boroughs: Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island
Landmarks: A lot.​

An overrated, stereotyped, ghetto, crowded city trying to hide it's faults by showing the media how nice Manhatten is. Draws away what little attention the rest of the state has.

All the people who live there and have to put up with all the crap, I respect you.

Seriously Uncool.

Last edited:
Been there once..

I was 6, and it was a horrible experience, because I get vertigo really easily.

I guess I'm not made for big cities, apart that I don't really like them.

Seriously uncool. That place ruins the entire rest of the state for everyone else.

Have never been there, probably never will. Don't know too much about the place other than it's home to my favorite hip hop group - Wu Tang Clan, and home to my favorite basketball team - Knicks (mainly pre 2000, but I'm loyal so still a fan to this day). I guess just a cool from me.

Fun to see the sights, not so fun waiting in traffic going to see the sights. The city itself is cool. Traffic seriously uncool.

Torn. Hate their politics, but so much to love about the city. Also the city where terrorist scums hit the western world. Maybe 'meh'.

"Concrete jungle where dreams are made of". Pretty cool city but it's a little crowded for my liking so I guess that balances out to a meh.

Seriously uncool. That place ruins the entire rest of the state for everyone else.
I never understood this. How? I don't live in NYC and it doesn't ruin the state for me. It makes it a lot better, in fact.

Barely cool, but ruined that the fact that waaaaaaay too many movies take place there. Hey, Hollywood, there is a world out there.

So, Uncool.

Seriously Uncool.

I've never understood people's fascination with NYC, there are thousands of places I would rather visit. Granted it probably doesn't help that I'd much prefer the sounds of nature over the sounds of cars and people.

Also, Wall Street is there, so that's another strike against it.

It's excessively overrated, it's ugly, it has way too many traffic problems, and it smells bad. I took my first trip to NYC and was expecting to be blown away by it, but I was fairly disappointed. Seinfeld is the only reason NYC isn't seriously uncool.

Uncool.

But cooler than LA.

I never understood this. How? I don't live in NYC and it doesn't ruin the state for me. It makes it a lot better, in fact.
SAFE Act is an example

How about all the power of wind turbines and Niagara Falls all goes to NYC. Yeah, we don't get any of it.

I'm actually surprised I recognize all those borough names. It's a very iconic city, reminds of quite a few things, including Macaulay Culkin in the Twin Towers in one of my favorite childhood movies, and the ending of Gangs of New York.

I voted Sub-Zero, but I forgot that it is crowded, like any city, and I hate crowded places. So if I could change my vote, it would be Seriously Uncool.

An overrated, stereotyped, ghetto, crowded city trying to hide it's faults by showing the media how nice Manhatten is. Draws away what little attention the rest of the state has.

All the people who live there and have to put up with all the crap, I respect you.

Seriously Uncool.

*looks at location*

Ah, that explains it.

People complaining about the traffic miss the point: why would you drive through town? Or, more specifically, Manhattan; I stayed in Brooklyn last time I was there and while I took the subway everywhere, the traffic wasn't bad at all anywhere in the neighbourhood.

The city was awesome. Far friendlier than people give it credit for - with a warmth that Toronto couldn't dream of - with all the historic spots you've seen in countless films. Central Park is astounding: go for a bike ride through it for the ultimate experience, and tell me you're not happy.

The only thing that keeps it from SZ for me are the people from the city itself that insist it's the centre of cool. A truly cool person/place/thing doesn't need to say it is, and NYC certainly doesn't need anybody to speak on its behalf.

Back