GTP Alternative Cool Wall: 1902-present Marmite Yeast Extract Spread (UK)

1902-present Marmite Yeast Extract Spread (UK)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Antarctica
Controls set for heart of sun
GTP_RogerTheHors
Nominated by @The Stig Farmer

Marmite

marmite_2321702b.jpg

Invented by: Justus von Liebig
Launch year: 1902
Company: Marmite Food Extract Company
Current supplier: Unilever
Taste: Divisive (Extremely salty, to be more accurate)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmite

Marmite spread is the pinnacle of world cuisine. Who needs fancy foods like ratatouille, sushi, caviar, or filet mignon? You'd never need anything else than this bad-boy, kept in a round jar with that famous red banner on the front.

Before I tried Marmite, my life was at a standstill. I thought of myself as a complete failure. But once I took a spoonful of this almighty yeast extract, it made me into a completely different man. Ladies flock to me, Hollywood celebrities invite me to parties, and the U.S. Senate even sent in a bill attempting to make me President of the United States for a week (it failed). Every day, I get a bagful of letters (most of which smell like perfume) describing how fantastic of a human being I am. Fanboys and fangirls alike stand outside of my door - screaming - in anticipation, freaking out in amazement even when they only see my left hand.

One bite from a slice of bread slathered with this beauty and your taste buds will explode in a way that makes the creators of the Manhattan Project jealous. As if it wasn't amazing enough on it's own, on other foods it makes you never want to use peanut butter, jam, butter, or even mayonnaise ever again. Throw out any other condiments you may have, they're obsolete. Did I previously mention that you only needed Marmite and no other foods? My mistake. Because Marmite is the only way to eat other foods. Steak, lobster, hamburger, salmon, you choose.

Everything's better with Marmite. Nothing's better than Marmite.

....And now, back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Not having tried it myself I've heard both arguments, but just looking at that pic, it looks like some sort of combination of Nutella and Thompson's Water Seal. If I had to eat it, I would, but I'd do it with eyes closed. Uncool.

Filth. Except when used to make Twiglets or Marmite flavoured Mini Cheddars.

I think The Bman's is the coolest thing in this thread.

Going to vote based on its Australian cousin, Vegemite. Subzero because of the hangover curing properties when added to toast (the only way it should be eaten at any time, really)

How on earth is this a cool vs uncool argument? This is like vs dislike and as we all know, like wall =/= cool wall.

Compare:

"I like Marmite."
"I think Marmite is cool."

Which one of those makes you sound like a plonker?

I voted based off of how cool I think Marmite is (Seriously Uncool) rather than how much I like it (quite a bit).

Is it bacon?

Then I guess you know what the answer is. :D

(But seriously, bacon is over-rated. Can't beat a Porsche 911 Turbo in a drag race... uses cheater slicks... etcetera)

If you try to drive Marmite down a thin English road, you're gonna look seriously uncool

The jar design isn't bad, but the interior is far too dark and usually smells unappetising. Plus Marmite breath is vile.

B vitamins bump it up to Uncool.

I never tasted Marmite although I have tasted Vegemite. And I made a fool of myself in front of some Aussies because once I tasted that Satanist thing I literally puked myself. Horrid stuff.

Seriously Uncool.

100.gif

The foodstuff that became the bane of half the population. :yuck: Seriously Uncool.

Back