Antarctica
Controls set for heart of sun
GTP_RogerTheHors
Nominated by@ Jet Badger

1983–present Nürburgring Nordschleife

Nurburgring-Nordschleife-GE-001.jpg

Lenght: 20.81km (long)
Turns: 154 (a lot)​

Cool. I would say SZ but at the end of the day it is just a long slab of tarmac.

Also is it me or does the shape on a map remind you of an engine?

One of the most overused tracks in Gran Turismo, but it's one of the world's greatest alongside tracks like Spa. The "Touristenfahrten" fail compilations can provide some quality entertainment.

Cool.

Cool. I would say SZ but at the end of the day it is just a long slab of tarmac.

Also is it me or does the shape on a map remind you of an engine?

I've always thought it looks like the head of a pig.

Anyway, it gets a Sub Zero from me. One of the most iconic racetracks of all time and the general public and car enthusiasts can still drive/race on it.

Meh.

It was a fun track in GT4, and I would love to try it someday in real life. But I can't rate it any higher.

Dunno. Cool because, well, absolutely epic track with loads of history. Uncool because it's so got damned difficult that to run it really fast you have to be a goddamned race car driver or a damned robot to lose the fear to it.

Pros:
- A classic track that hasn't been completely butchered or neglected over the years.
- Extremely challenging for those racing on it

Cons:
- Apart from the VLN and WTCC, it doesn't get used for racing very often (I'm sure there are other smaller races there, but those are the only 2 large ones I know of though).
- Home of meaningless lap times that manufacturers like to think mean something.
- It has a group of fanboys that do what fanboys do.

As much as I would love to take some hotlaps at the ring, it's not a cool track.

The coolest race track in the world. But it's still just a race track. Cool.

Cool. Great track for driving on and having fun, but not so much for racing on.
Lap times for production cars at this track are also given far too much weight.

It's the longest professional race circuit in the world, and is used for automobile track days and testing. Very dangerous and overrated, however.

Meh.

Yes.

A piece of tarmac that's undoubtedly greater than most cars and drivers that ever drove there just because it's long and sits there, doing nothing.

Cool.

Race tracks are cool. This one, in my view, is legendary - like Mecca for rev heads. Sub Zero.

Cool. It is just a piece of tarmac but it is pretty special.

Did about 50 real laps over there, most of them on my motorbike. Luckely I only live a three hour ride from the place.
It is like a pilgrimage for motorheads, you have to been there at least once.

It can be pretty dangerous but that's part of the legend and history surrounding the track.

Last edited:
Almost seriously uncool, because James May.

Then again.. I'd give my left nut to live beside the track... so... still very, very cool.

The track is 20.832km long, not 20.1 ;)

But anyways subzero everytime. Grew up basically right next to it and I still love to go there as much as I can.

Am I the only person who was able to learn my way around here after just a few laps on GT4?

Took me roughly several hours if driving before I had any idea of what was coming up at the next corner. After years of GT on the track I could now do it in my sleep.

I remember my earlier times of driving it first in GT4 and thinking I'd never be able to do a single lap without crashing. After driving it for a countless amount of times throughout GT and other games I eventually started to love the track and feeling good from just flowing through the corners whether it be in a Vitz or GT-R. It is my favorite track hands down.

If I haven't made it obvious it's Sub-Zero for me.

Well, I only started playing GT5 on my flatmate's PS3 about 2 months ago. The AMG academy helped so much and now we've got GT6, I know the track now.

GT4, a stock NSX Type R and a single race on difficulty 10. Somewhere on the second part of the second lap the RUF or the Cobra in front would spin out due to worn tires and you could taste the victory.

Those were the days.

Latest Posts

Back