• Poll closed .
Antarctica
Controls set for heart of sun
GTP_RogerTheHors
Nominated by @JMoney689

1930-1980 Steve McQueen

steve-mcqueen-jpg.198845

Born: March 24, 1930, Beech Grove, Indiana, United States of America
Died: November 7, 1980, Ciudad Juarez, Mexico (Malignant Mesothelioma)
Occupation: U.S. Marine, Actor, Motorcycle and Racecar Enthusiast.
Spouses: 3 (Neile Adams, Ali MacGraw, Barbara Minty)
Children: 2
Nickname: King of Cool
Stared in: The Great Escape, The Sand Pebbles, The Thomas Crown Affair, Bullitt, The Getaway, Papillon, The Magnificent Seven, The Towering Inferno, Le Mans, etc.​

He could make a tower crumble by wiping a speck of dirt off of his racing suit.

Sub-Zero. Too good for the ice box, move Mount Everest to the North Pole and Steve McQueen would be standing on-top.

You do realize that McQueen is featured in the name of the top tier on YOUR cool wall?
Only 2 sections I've named are Vanilla & River Styx.

Everything else was by a previous curator, and I've not thought of a name that I and the community would like more.

srslyguispug.gif

I just knew some of you guys would come screw it up. I guess that's just what you have to expect from the internet.

View attachment 225178

I just knew some of you guys would come screw it up. I guess that's just what you have to expect from the internet.

I've never like this guy. Maybe I overeggaterated in my post, but there really isn't interesting about him, other than the fact that he was in a few movies and is a car enthusiast.

I like the guy, it's just the circlejerk that comes out when anything related to him gets brought up makes him Seriously Uncool on GTPlanet. It's like the Ricer crowd ruining Civics

I've always found Steve to be cooler not for his film and auto work, but for his bike racing.

He'd sneak into offroad motorcycle races under false names because the movie companies didn't want him to hurt himself.

The footage of him in "On Any Sunday" is as cool as you can get.

Unfortunately, all of you people talking about what he would like to drive in today's cars and blah blah blah have partially ruined him for me.

Used by people to define 'cool' even though they have little concept of who he was or whether or not he was actually any good at what he did. Seriously Uncool.

I think he was awesome. I especially love the fact that he did his own stunt driving in films like Le Mans. I totally understand why people are going SU, but I have to go SZ. That said, JMoney is making me seriously doubt whether I should even have voted cool or not.

The original celebrity car-guy. And a pretty good (surprisngly competitive) racing driver and rider, at that. Very rare to find, nowadays.

-

I could be all hipster and vote Seriously Uncool, but... nah... even if he were over-rated, it's not his fault. :lol:

Sub-zero.

I think he was awesome. I especially love the fact that he did his own stunt driving in films like Le Mans. I totally understand why people are going SU, but I have to go SZ. That said, JMoney is making me seriously doubt whether I should even have voted cool or not.

image.jpg

Are we so shortsighted that McQueen's status on GTP is affecting his coolness?

Considering it's the GTP Alternate Cool Wall, I'd say how he's mentioned on GTPlanet affects his coolness in this situation

Back