• 54 comments

1940-present McDonalds

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Turbo

(Banned)
United States
Elizabeth, New Jersey
1940-present McDonalds nominated by @Turbo.

What it is: Fast food restaurant chain that is known for serving food and drink at a cheap price. One of the first fast food chains ever, and is the most popular one today.
Country of origin: USA (San bernardino, California)
How popular it is: 68 million customers served daily, almost 37,000 worldwide locations, available in 120 countries.
Founders: brothers Richard and Maurice McDonald.
What it sells: Burgers, sandwiches, breakfast items, desserts, coffee, milkshakes, salads, chicken, and fries.
Revenue: 24.6 billion US dollars
Amount of workers employed: 1,500,000 worldwide. McDonalds is the 2nd largest private employer on Earth.​

When the fries are fresh, McDonalds is god tier. Hashbrowns are pretty good too. Also, Dollar Drink Days are a life saver.

Everything else, I ignore. I'll go to better burger places in the area.

Food isn't that good and is known to cause obesity. Not to mention there's at least one Mickey D's in almost every American town.

Seriously Uncool.

Their normal food is rather forgettable for the most part and I've really never understood the hype over their fries (I'm not really a french fry kind of person in the first place). Granted I will admit that once in awhile I do go for a Quarter Pounder with cheese.

Their breakfast on the other hand is rather good and simple enough where you don't have to worry about them screwing it up as much.

Does every single thing worse than Burger King. From what we see in the UK press the ingredients in the US burgers aren't even pure beef. What's the point then? Uncool.

The recent addition of the Build-A-Burger ups its coolness a bit. Plus, it's a great place for a student to begin their first job. But still, it's McDonald's, so Meh.

The recent addition of the Build-A-Burger ups its coolness a bit. Plus, it's a great place for a student to begin their first job. But still, it's McDonald's, so Meh.

Considering you're Canadian though, you could probably get a better burger built at something like Harvey's. And that's just for national chain restaurants.

Not the best fast food joint, but still crave it once in a while. The fries are among the best if freshly made.

Cool

How anyone would eat what they sell is beyond me.

While I'm all for profit, I think it only exists for the money rather than for the well-being of the millions who consume their products daily.

Seriously uncool, no doubt.

Considering you're Canadian though, you could probably get a better burger built at something like Harvey's. And that's just for national chain restaurants.
Perhaps, but the nearest Harvey's from my house is 20 minutes away, whereas there's a McDonald's down the road from where I live.

Wow, that's far. How close are you to the nearest town?
10 miles.

And a correction on the previous post, the nearest one is actually 60 miles since my college town has one.

Huge corporation, apparently biggest toy distributor on earth, does raise a good chunk of change for charities. Most recognisable logo on earth (breasts ;) ). Food is meh.

I love McDonald's but it's uncool.

Their fries are decent, but everything else isnt all that great, especially in comparison to other burger places in my area.

Uncool.

Any place that doesn't serve lunch until 11 and only serves breakfast for a few hours is uncool...we ask for freedom. Is this not murica? See what I did there.

"Quality" of their food took a nosedive when it went from deadly to just not good for you. Also, for what they charge, you could actually get real food at many of the restaurants. Having said that, they have the "fast" in fast food down to science. It should be "meh" for me, but upgraded to cool for their efficiency & being open 24 hours. And $1 coffee.

While I'm all for profit, I think it only exists for the money rather than for the well-being of the millions who consume their products daily.

That's why 99% of all corporations exist. For the money.

they have the "fast" in fast food down to science. It should be "meh" for me, but upgraded to cool for their efficiency & being open 24 hours.

That's exactly why I voted "cool" as well.

And $1 coffee.

Does anybody else recall an ad campaign of theirs that went something like "burger, fries, coke, and change back from your dollar"?

I dont mind it, I loved it when Australia McDonalds offered Create Your Taste.
They dumped it in favor for "Gourmet" Creations

A place which I haven't eaten at in 7 years for good reasons. Disgusting food and terrible service, especially compared to other fast food chains.

Seriously Uncool.

Back