GTP Alternative Cool Wall: 1940-present McDonalds

• Thread starter Turbo
  • 54 comments

1940-present McDonalds

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's exactly why I voted "cool" as well.
Convenient locations, too. Like most people in this thread, not a fan of their food, but time's money in middle of the commute, or lunch break!
Does anybody else recall an ad campaign of theirs that went something like "burger, fries, coke, and change back from your dollar"?
Nope.

Not my "go to" fast food chain but I don't mind it. Yeah some of the food is mediocre but what do you expect? Meh

I find it funny that people say Burger King/Hungry Jacks is better.

They Microwave their burgers to melt the cheese rather than let the heat of the burger do it.
This shows the type of quality of food is no different than mcdonalds.

Not a big fan of any fast-food "restaurants" and McDonalds is by far my least favourite.

They have good stuff on their menu but some of it is just sickening.

No wonder people get so bloody fat. SU.

They Microwave their burgers to melt the cheese rather than let the heat of the burger do it.

The only place I've been to that does that is Dairy Queen, but they're not exactly known for their regular food anyways (although their chicken strip baskets are good).

Funny, I worked in a BK as a student (not why I'm biased, the food really is better) and there wasn't a microwave in the building. Normal griddle heat melts the cheese just fine... must be something Oz BKs do?

Burger King's burgers are so much better. Love Whoppers. Whopper Texas Ranger's the best(I think the real name is Texas Double Whopper lol).

Whopper Texas Ranger's the best(I think the real name is Texas Double Whopper lol).

I feel stupid for never thinking of that. :lol:

And they are quite good, but the classic Double Whopper w/ cheese is my personal choice.

Damn you all.

It's nine in the evening here, and now I want a Big Mac.

Not the best fast food in the world, but if we're including everything McD's from the 40's to the present, there was a decade there somewhere in the middle where I lived for the stuff.

Squeaks by with a low cool from me.

Literally Cool

Cone.png

Literally Uncool

gty_french_fries_mcdonalds_kb_150121_16x9_992.jpg

So hard to decide. Hot fries vs. cold ice cream. I'm calling it sub-zero because they have the some of the top fries in existence.

I dont mind it, I loved it when Australia McDonalds offered Create Your Taste.
They dumped it in favor for "Gourmet" Creations

Create Your Taste was just a sneaky and quite clever way of introducing self service.

When having a drinking night in the city, a Maccas stop is usually compulsory before we head home. Where I live there is absolutely no where to go at night if we just want to hang around, so we usually just decide on Maccas and get a Frozen Coke or whatever and sit there for a fair while and chat.

Create Your Taste was just a sneaky and quite clever way of introducing self service.

When having a drinking night in the city, a Maccas stop is usually compulsory before we head home. Where I live there is absolutely no where to go at night if we just want to hang around, so we usually just decide on Maccas and get a Frozen Coke or whatever and sit there for a fair while and chat.

I loved the CYT burgers, you could make it the way you wanted to.
Want extra sauce, no worries.
Want chicken, beef and haloumi patties, no worries.

They got rid of it to simplify things.

We only keep ingredients to make 3 of the gourmet creations and we will focus on drive through with it.

Every fortnight after work I went to maccas for the CYT burgers.
For $3 more you got a better tasting burger than the local corner store with the with better tasting chips that werent soggy and drink and you could use the wifi as well.

Literally Cool

Cone.png

Literally Uncool

gty_french_fries_mcdonalds_kb_150121_16x9_992.jpg

So hard to decide. Hot fries vs. cold ice cream. I'm calling it sub-zero because they have the some of the top fries in existence.

Try dipping the french fries in the ice cream.

A Hot, Sweet, Cold and Salty combo.

McDonald's around here have some pretty good wraps and salads that don't feel too greasy.

I literally don't care about anything else, or other restaurants do it better, so it's a meh from me.

McDonald's sucks everyone and even more so in the middle east. McArabia? No thanks.

Ether way, it's a fast food restaurant so SU.

I used to do similar. Clubbing all night and then around 2am I used to go to a McD's in the city centre with some married chick I used to hang out with and we'd sit snacking and chatting about nonsense until the sun came up hours later. Nowhere else was 24 hours and as convenient.

Philippine version of McDs- Cool
McDs in general- Meh

Here I like McDs since their rice meals are good especially their burger steak with mushroom pepper sauce plus the price fits well for anyone.

But McDs in general is a mixed bag. I like their burgers and fries but overall its a meh.

The fries are only good because they're salt bombs, but their breakfast is a great hangover remedy. However, everything else on the menu shouldn't even be considered food. I honestly don't know any other fast food chain that can upset my stomach and butt hole quite like McDonalds.

McFlurry central. Literally the only thing I'll get there now. For anything else it's down to KFC. Meh.

McFlurry central. Literally the only thing I'll get there now. For anything else it's down to KFC. Meh.

Don't you have Dairy Queen? Blizzards or Culver's Concrete Mixers (I know you don't have those) are miles better than a McFlurry. Plus they actually teach their employees how to blend the things so the toppings are actually mixed all the way through instead of just the top half.

Don't you have Dairy Queen? Blizzards or Culver's Concrete Mixers (I know you don't have those) are miles better than a McFlurry. Plus they actually teach their employees how to blend the things so the toppings are actually mixed all the way through instead of just the top half.

Then I suppose they make McFlurrys better in Ontario than Minnesota?
You can't really put a label on McDonald's quality because with so many chains and employees it varies from place to place.

I can go to one McDonalds and ask for extra ranch sauce and no mayo on it in Brockville and have them not listen to what I say, then have the wrap fall apart in my hands when I take it out of the box. But then I go to Ottawa, get what I ordered properly, competently made and even have it delivered to me at my table.

The UK has literally nothing for ice cream, sadly.

Back