1940-Present Mountain Dew

mountain_dew_600_ml.jpg

Type:
Carbonated Soft Drink
Manufacturer: PepsiCo
Country of Origin: United States of America
Caffeine Content (12 oz can): 54 mg​

Never had it so meh.

Interestingly it was originally designed as a mixing drink to go with alcohol if my random twitter facts guy was correct.

Sub zero. I used to live on this stuff in high school. One of my favorite drinks ever.

Never had it so meh.

Interestingly it was originally designed as a mixing drink to go with alcohol.
Not a good idea...

Entirely too many calories, entirely too much sugar and a crap ton of caffeine.

I love it, and, recently, have grown to love its calorie free brother almost as much.

But in the end, it's just another drink. Cool.

Are you having an E key problem today, sir?

Anyway, Mountain Dew is awesome. Best soft drink ever. Second best drink ever, after 2% Milk. It keeps you awake like coffee but it doesn't taste like dirt. Everyone gets hooked on coffee and red bull when all I need is a Mountain Dew.

Sub-Zero.

@Snorevette, what the 🤬 is that?

Some 12 year old kid surrounded by a dozen broken 360 controllers will hate me for finding this caffeine-filled crap seriously uncool.

Real "winners" drink Irn-Bru.

Last edited:
Tastes like regular soft drink to me, I don't see the hype. Made even worse by the fact I pronounce it 'Dyou'. Meh at best.

When it comes to rating I don't associate it with anything and only rate the product. I've loved Mountain Dew for far too long to remember, but I don't drink soda often.

Sub Zero

I think that Sprite has a slightly stronger sour flavor, but too much of a chemical aftertaste compared with Mountain Dew.

A few years ago, I tried Ale-8-One, which has created 15 years older. Tastes similar to Mountain Dew, but a slightly softer, and less sour taste. It's also made with real sugar, so it's slightly sweeter (I don't think I've had pure sugar Mt. Dew, so it's hard to say if it also wouldn't be as sweet). If that's not available, and it's a rare bird, then Sierra Mist fills that void.

Going to go with Meh; energy drinks provide more kick. But not bad for a lighter lift.

I'd have voted SZ for this.

Best soft drink ever made, just a shame we don't get it properly here.

And before you UK users jump in and claim "we do, I saw it in Sainsburys", that is NOT the same.
The recipe is different to conform to EU regulations and therefore tastes nowhere near as nice and besides we don't get all the different flavours. Everytime I'm in the US, this is all I drink, except for when I'm forced to have Coca Cola products.

Back