GTP Alternative Cool Wall: 1945 Kyushu J7W1 Shinden

1945 Kyushu J7W1 Shinden

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ah got ya, sorry, my post could have been clearer, when I said "less so", I didn't mean that cold-war bombers were even less cool than WW2 bombers, I meant they are less affected by the fact they are war machines, because of the significantly lower body count (i.e. mass bombing of civilian targets).

Ah ok, was wondering how anyone could hate the Vulcan.:P

Weapon of war = uncool.

Nominated by @haitch40 = seriously uncool.

:lol:

Sorry, dude, had to be done. :lol:
I used to like you. :P

Cool, because i think that's pretty fast for a propeller plane.
Then I realized I was looking at it wrong, and it flies... backwards.
Meh.
It was. It isn't that much slower at top speed than the A10 Thunderbolt. Yes I do know that the A10 is meant to be slow but still.

So then, do you love the Burma Death Railway or Unit 731? Because those are products of the same Japan that gave us this, as opposed to the modern Japan you might know that gave us Hello Kitty and the Honda Civic.

Every state has a dark side to their history.
What about Americans killing civilians on first ever diplomatic contact with Japan in 1853 to force the Japanese to submit to unfair trade agreements? What about us conquering the world? What about the mind control experiments in the USSR and the US? The list goes on.

And to be honest Japan did some good during the war. For example they helped some Jewish people escape Germany.

Unpopular opinion alert.

Japan wasn't half as bad as everyone is taught I don't think.

Last edited:
Ah ok, was wondering how anyone could hate the Vulcan.:P

To be fair, it's the only one of the 'V-Bombers' that looks any good..

Though the Victor looks almost alien from some angles, it and the Valiant don't look so good.

Handley_Page_HP-80_Victor_K2_AN1103895.jpg

Is this off-topic? Sorry..

But it's just not a Spitfire, is it.

Thought, personally I think the valiant there looks epic.

I think it's the other way around. Japan was brutal in the past. It's many of the accusers pretending to be above it, ignoring their own dark past(in the case of commies, it's of course still ongoing).

And to be honest Japan did some good during the war. For example they helped some Jewish people escape Germany.

Unpopular opinion alert.

Perhaps it's an unpopular opinion for a reason. There's a reason nobody looks back nostalgically at Nazi Germany and remarks on how great Volkswagen was. Nobody looks back on slavery and says "well, at least they had shelter and food!". It's not a balanced or nuanced view, it's glossing over mass atrocities because there's a minor positive to be found.

Pearl Harbor, Nanking, Manila, and countless other massacres estimated at up to 10 million non combatants killed, hundreds of thousands of comfort women in addition to the countless other women who were raped during the war. Yeah, the whole world has it wrong. It was just peachy.

Please.

Back