1948-present North Korea

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Turbo

(Banned)
United States
Elizabeth, New Jersey
1948-present North Korea nominated by @Turbo

Information: North Korea (known as the Democratic People's Republic of Korea) was founded on September 9th, 1948 by Kim Il-Sung. Even though Kim Il-Sung died almost 25 years ago, he is technically still the country's president. The dictator who acts as the country's president is known as Kim Jong-Un. North Korea has a population of 25 million, and it's capital city, Pyongyang, contains 2.6 million inhabitants. North Korea has a totalitarian government, and is known for being the most reclusive country on the planet. Unfortunately, the people of the country are extremely impoverished, famished, have virtually no freedom, and are tortured. The county also frequently tests nuclear weapons, and has threatened to bomb other countries using nuclear weapons.

Not all too surprised at who nominated this. Also it's a bit questionable in naming, since it probably should say North Korean gov't/politics. This instead makes it seem that the people are as bad as the nation they come from, even though they have really no choice and trying to escape is all the more difficult it would seem than living there at times.

So when I see the label worst country, I feel it should say worst government due to family regime.

Last edited:
SU for the leaders/government... and then I remembered the Worm.

Still SU. I'm sure the common populace are decent people though.

Still cooler than the entire Middle East countries.

At least that's what the internet said...:P

NK is still SU tho.

Not all too surprised at who nominated this. Also it's a bit questionable in naming, since it probably should say North Korean gov't/politics. This instead makes it seem that the people are as bad as the nation they come from, even though they have really no choice and trying to escape is all the more difficult it would seem than living there at times.

So when I see the label worst country, I feel it should say worst government due to family regime.
Yet i don't see the same being applied to other places on earth. People over here are labeled as bad as the government by the mainstream media and people around the world, mainly the west.
I agree with you but people tend to have double standards when they talk about "3rd world countries".

The government is terrible. I actually would like to get to know a North Korean citizen, though - I wonder just how severe the culture shock would be for them.

Meh in 1948-1980, Uncool in 1980-1990 and Seriously Uncool since 1990's.

However, although it's completely terrible as a state, NK is attractive as a land. The north of the Korean peninsula is a mountainous area that has some beautiful sights to see.

Baitou_Mountain_Tianchi.jpg

1920px-0400_-_Nordkorea_2015_-_Kumgang_Gebirge_%2822339304964%29.jpg

1920px-Chilbo_Mountains_%2814561374852%29.jpg

Back