1980s-present Cool S

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Turbo

(Banned)
United States
Elizabeth, New Jersey
1980s-present Super S Stussy nominated by @Wiegert

Information: The Cool S, also known as Skater S, Superman S, Stussy S, Super S, Pointy S, Sloan S and many other names, is a graffito signature of pop culture that is typically doodled on children's notebooks or graffitied on walls. The exact date of origin is unclear. The symbol has appeared in, at least, the Americas, Europe, Russia, Asia, Australia and Africa, becoming popular in the 1980s and '90s​

I see people badging the front with it on just about every darned Nissan back in the 90s. From Stageas to Skylines, along with Sylvias and Sunnys.

They definitely don't belong there.

You're either old or sheltered if you've never seen or heard of it. I still see people do this and I stopped doing them when I was in junior high which was quite some time ago. I learned how to do them in the second grade which was later 90s, I never until now knew what they were called. Well other than people always claiming it was gangster/hood logo.

Aside from all that it is a fun way to draw six vertical lines, that then connected form an old English S or pointy-ish 8.

They're not cool at all, but it's still an interesting thing. I mean, how did so many kids know about this back in the day? Everyone drew them in school back in the 90s. It wasn't a company logo or anything, people just knew about it. Without social media to spread the word, how in the world did this become a thing?

They're not cool at all, but it's still an interesting thing. I mean, how did so many kids know about this back in the day? Everyone drew them in school back in the 90s. It wasn't a company logo or anything, people just knew about it. Without social media to spread the word, how in the world did this become a thing?
Considering it was most likely a thing over here too I have to wonder how it crossed the border.

I mean, how did so many kids know about this back in the day? Everyone drew them in school back in the 90s. It wasn't a company logo or anything, people just knew about it. Without social media to spread the word, how in the world did this become a thing?
Considering it was most likely a thing over here too I have to wonder how it crossed the border.
Magazines, MTV and video games would be my guess. That's pretty much all there was back then in the 80s up to the mid 90s.

Back