• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Turbo

(Banned)
United States
Elizabeth, New Jersey
2002-present Cool Walls nominated by @Famine

Information:
Created in 2002 by Top Gear, the Cool Wall determined which cars were considered "cool", and which ones weren't, by placing photographs of them on to various sections of the wall. The Wall was brought to GTP in 2009 by @boiltheocean, and it consisted of poll threads were members would determine if a car is cool or not. The way it worked was: a member would nominate a car a few weeks later a poll would go up for the nomination, members would vote & comment on the car, and seven days later the poll would close and the results would be up. The Cool Wall has evolved to polling things besides cars, too. The Music Cool Wall (created by @Nicksfix in 2010, revived by @Tex in 2015), Alternative Cool Wall (created by @Roger the Horse in 2014, revived in 2017 by @Turbo), and Video Game Cool Wall (created by @Cowboy in 2017), are all offshoots of the original CW.

coolwall-jpg.660234

Last edited:
Isn't recursion great?

A Cool Wall entry about the Cool Wall...

Meh, because I get educated on a lot of obscure cars on the main CW threads, but they don't contribute much constructive discussion.

Sometimes I find the most boorish reason to say a car is *insert score here* which is kind of why I'm not really going to go back into it.

Wasn't the nomination for cool walls generally rather than the GTP Cool Wall specifically?

I'm guessing the original version was chosen since the "Concept of the Cool Wall used for something other than cars" had already been done.

Metaphorical walls are also uncool. We're all uncool. Put two together and you'll find that Hell is the only destination.

Cool wall claims to be cool* thus making it SU.

*I know the wall itself isn't claim to be "cool" but the suggestion the coolness can be defined and rank on a wall is super uncool.

Voting on whether something is cool is super uncool. Even acknowledging whether or not something is cool is somewhat uncool - it gives the impression that you care. That's what makes it so funny, because it's an attempt at charting and quantifying something that by its nature is completely opposed to charting and quantifying.

Uncool, not super uncool because top gear is actually cool.

Yo dawg, I heard you like cool walls, so we polled a cool wall to see how cool cool walls are.

You know, we're all saying that we're uncool people by voting a cool wall as seriously uncool on a cool wall. But at least we know we're uncool.

Back