Controls set for heart of sun
GTP_RogerTheHors
Nominated by @The Bman

(1933 - Present) Pittsburgh Steelers

pittsburgh-steelers-team.jpg

Sport:
American Football (NFL)
Founded: 1933
Super Bowl Championships: 6 (most all-time; 1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005, 2008)
Home City: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Notable Coaches

Chuck Noll, Bill Cowher, Mike Tomlin (active)

Notable Players

Terry Bradshaw, "Mean" Joe Greene, Jack Lambert, Franco Harris, Jerome Bettis, Hines Ward, Ben Roethlisberger (active), Heath Miller (active)

Yeah, we have teams who play a sport like this, except they don't wear helmets and a load of padding, yet somehow they don't seem to get injured any more often.

Guess...

Yeah, we have teams who play a sport like this, except they don't wear helmets and a load of padding, yet somehow they don't seem to get injured any more often.

Guess...
So? There's always something better than something else. Comparing one type of sport to another with the same basic principle is like comparing a golf cart to a Ferrari. Its pointless

Except nobody's ever going to question the difference between a golf cart and a Ferrari.

Every single European in recorded history has questioned why American's play a wimpy* version of Rugby and then inexplicably call it Football, even though it isn't.

*I'm fully aware that there are actually significant differences between Rugby and American Football which necessitate the wearing of safety gear not needed in Rugby, but only because of the number of times I've seen Americans get defensive about it on the internet. To the casual observer the only apparent difference between the two sports is that the Americans wear padding and helmets and we don't. Hence why anything related to American Football is seriously uncool.

They do kick the ball once... or twice... a game.

-

What team is this? Why are they wearing Green Bay Packer uniforms?

There is no such a thing as cool football. Not in America, not in Europe, any sport with name football is uncool, the one which doesn't contain real ball is seriously so.

Last edited:
Not a big fan of football (either American or Euro version) but voted "cool" anyway, mostly because one of those mentioned on the "notable players" list went to the same high school at the same time as me.

They are a good team. But I'm a Raider fan. So meh.

Seriously Uncool as they have some of the most annoying fans ever.

Also, arguing about the proper way to play with balls is rather dumb.

Launched Aaron Rodgers to super-stardom. :)
Can be a very annoying team to play. Or not.
On balance, a meh is about right.

'Murican Football. Seriously uncool.

Every single European in recorded history has questioned why American's play a wimpy* version of Rugby and then inexplicably call it Football, even though it isn't.

As I understand it, Rugby is simply shorthand for Rugby Football, since Rugby is the place where that rule set originated, it's not actually entirely different to calling American Football... American Football.

Never seen the team but I follow the classic European line that the game is rugby for those who are scared of getting hurt so SU.

No sport team will ever be anything other than uncool to various degrees. There'll always be more people who follow other teams than they are who follow the one polled.

I voted cool since my best mate at primary school (an American kid) was a fan and although it wasn't shown at all on British TV at that time, i loved the logo probably as it was so different to any of the other teams logos he had on pendants around his room. Probably not the greatest reason to follow a particular team, but there you go.

Back