• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Antarctica
Controls set for heart of sun
GTP_RogerTheHors
Nominated by @Jimlaad43

Chewing with your mouth open

considerate_chewing_0.gif

It is the most DISGUSTING thing people seem to think is acceptable.
I mean seriously, if I wanted to see the chewed mess of food you've just shoved in, and listen to the horrible chup chup chup noise, I would ask. But as no one on the planet wants to hear or see your dinner, STOP FOR GODS SAKE!!!!!!!!!!

@TB I was just referring to the fact that I had to look at the GIF in the OP. God, that image is hideous. I shall have to burn it out of my mind.

The entire concept... brilliant. Pinnacle example of personal freedom. Freedom doesn't get anymore free than this. Brilliant thing to do while eating steak, chicken, or other meats. Not as pleasant when the person performing the action is doing it with Copenhagen long cut in their mouth.

Sub-zero.

That gif is both barf-inducing and hypnotic at the same time.
Sub Zero. For the gif.
Seriously uncool for the action.

I'm eating/chewing as we uuhh speak, with my mouth wide open.

Don't hear me 'making that irritating noise'?

One of my colleagues called me out for chewing with my mouth open.

Granted I don't go out very often, I probably did chew with my mouth partially open, but because I'm used to chewing that way and that everyone I ever eat with never says anything, this is "normal" for me.

Maybe I chew loud as well. I never considered that either, but she kept looking at me everytime I did it on purpose.

=====
Chewing with your mouth wide open however, is uncool. No discussion required.

When is chewing with your mouth open acceptable? I thought it was always unacceptable.

Now, when you eat food you ought to do it with your mouth closed. However, it is OK to open your mouth a bit on occasion to let air in, as it helps develop some flavors and also brings your nose into the mix. You want to take quick breaths through the nose and mouth to get everything working around in there. But you should not open your mouth as though you're chewing the cud.

For the last 20 minutes I've been sitting in the lunch room at work all by myself, it was so nice and peaceful but just now someone else came in and ruined it by sitting down with their meat pie, chewing it with their mouth wide open and smacking their tongue against their lips to get the excess pastry off after every bite.

Seriously uncool.

Seriously Uncool. Why do people do this?
Old habits die hard. I know my mum does it, and my brother calls her out on it whenever that happens. I know I tend to do it sometimes, my brother has pointed it out to me occasionally. Thank goodness for my brother, the open mouth chewing police.

You just don't realize you've been chewing with your mouth open until it's too late, and everyone stops being your friend.

Back