Not open for further replies.

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Furinkazen_54
ARCA_logo.png

Welcome to the GTP ARCA Series. ARCA is the perfect step up to the higher ranks of stock cars, with the GTP NASCAR NATIONWIDE SERIES and GTP NASCAR SPRINT CUP always on the look out for fresh talent, there has never been a better time to prove yourself in NASCAR racing on GT5!

Room / Lobby Information.
~All races are held in a lobby hosted by me, make sure “Furinkazen” is on your friends list or you cannot race and risk being kicked!!!
~Race Quality will be standard, microphones will be optional at low quality.
~At Daytona and Indianapolis, races are run from a rolling start, standing start for other tracks.

ENTRY LIST

#11 FedEx Camry (2010 Model) Furinkazen
#14 Office Depot/Old Spice Impala (2010 Model) Chqr
#18 M&Ms Camry (2010 Model) ---
#20 Gamestop Camry (2010 Model) ---
#20 The Home Depot Camry (2010 Model) Nater Racing 21
#24 DuPont Impala (2010 Model) ---
#24 Drive to End Hunger Impala (2011 Model) ---
#42 Target Impala (2010 Model) ---
#43 Best Buy Fusion (2010 Model) ---
#43 Best Buy Fusion (2011 Model) ---
#48 Lowe's Impala (2010 Model) ---
#83 Red Bull Camry (2010 Model) ---
#83 Red Bull Camry (2011 Model) ---
#88 AMP/National Guard Impala (2010 Model) ---
#99 Aflac Fusion (2010 Model) Tom_97_COD

RESERVE Knelly
RESERVE Moem
RESERVE james6653

REGULATIONS
~Cars are regulated to 453hp, and 1650kg. Ballast is free to be moved.
~Mechanical Damage is ON, but limited to LIGHT damage.
~Fuel Consumption and Tire Wear is ON for tracks with pits.
Grip Reduction is set to REAL, Slipstream is set to WEAK.
~Boost is OFF, Visual Damage is OFF.
*Microphones will be set to ON, unless it is determined that they cause too many connection/stability issues.
*RACE CLEAN - It's OK (and expected) to let off of the gas (or even brake) so you don't run over someone in a turn. This is especially true at Daytona and SS Route X, where drafting can cause lots of issues with people being run over in corners. Bumpdrafting is LEGAL, brake-checking is NOT. Dirty drivers will not be permitted to return to later events.
~NO CAUTIONS - use this as an extra motivation to RACE CLEAN.
~PTS SYSTEM is 20-18-16-14-12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2.

CALENDAR:
~Room opens at 7pm British Time, Qualification until 7:45pm BST. Then the race shall begin! Races are fridays!

Pre-season Test - 25 MAY

01 - LUCAS 200 @ Daytona - 80 laps. - 1 JUNE
02 - Pennsylvania ARCA 100 - Pocono, 41 laps. (Created track, Eifel)
03 - Monster ARCA 150 - Monster Raceway, 150 laps. (Created track, Tokyo, no pit)
04 - Brickyard ARCA 125 - Indianapolis, 50 laps.
05 - Dockside 150 - SSRX - 8 laps, (DLC Required)
06 - Menards 100 - Richmond, 100 laps (Created track, Eifel Kart, no pit)
07 - Ford Dealers 150 @ Daytona, Daytona - 60 laps.

~Created tracks will be put for download 1 week before the race

Last edited:
I'll be reserve and join when time permits. Won't choose a car till I know what's left.

Knelly
I'll be reserve and join when time permits. Won't choose a car till I know what's left.

Me too 👍

EDIT: Thought you were only running 2010's? :confused:

I think you should do that and disallow ABS to make this series different from the others mate :P

Me too 👍

EDIT: Thought you were only running 2010's? :confused:

I think you should do that and disallow ABS to make this series different from the others mate :P

A couple 2011's are allowed as they are different design and it helps boost the grid slightly. If we have all regular cars + Gamestop = 15 in the grid.

A couple 2011's are allowed as they are different design and it helps boost the grid slightly. If we have all regular cars + Gamestop = 15 in the grid.

Ah I see, like I said I'll run as a reserve and probably just attend the 'actual' oval races ('Tona, Indy, SSRX).

I'll run 2010 Home Depot car and hope my schedule works out after the 14th of june.

How long is Pocono out of interest?

EDIT: And Richmond, if you've got some spare time fancy meeting in your lounge for a quick run around them both?

02 - Pennsylvania ARCA 100 - Pocono, 41 laps. (Created track, Eifel 2.46 miles)
03 - Monster ARCA 150 - Monster Raceway, 150 laps. (Created track, Tokyo, no pit, 0.3 miles)
06 - Menards 100 - Richmond, 100 laps (Created track, Eifel Kart, no pit, 0.6 miles)

Thats all the created track lengths, all have been tested and Pocono in particular was a hit.

Sounds good 👍 Like I said, time for a run on them before TOCA mate?

I got tea in a minute, TOCA opens 35 mins. I may have time for a very quick run, will PSN you when I can.

I got tea in a minute, TOCA opens 35 mins. I may have time for a very quick run, will PSN you when I can.

Sure thing. You running in the qualifier tonight for the All Star Race?

Looks great. I wish I could run this, but Fridays are no good for me. But why do the cars have more HP than Nationwide?

Looks great. I wish I could run this, but Fridays are no good for me. But why do the cars have more HP than Nationwide?

ARCA cars are old cup cars. Also they are heavier than Nationwide and Sprint Cup, and Nationwide have medium tyres for more grip.

ARCA cars are still slower than Nationwide cars, which are slower than Cup cars. Most Nationwide engines are new engines built by Sprint Cup engine shops.

Here are the fastest practice speeds from all three series this weekend at Talladega:

1. Sprint Cup: Aric Almirola - 196.725 mph - LINK
2. Nationwide: Kurt Busch and Kyle Busch - 190.045 mph - LINK
3. ARCA: Alex Bowman - 186.336 mph - LINK

That said, it looks like ARCA should adopt something more in the range of a 404-414 hp limit, at a weight minimum of around 1625-1650kg

I agree that they should be slower. What's the power for a GT5 NASCAR at 50% limited?

Furinkazen
About 443. But these cars are waaay heavier.

But that doesn't affect speed so much on a flat out oval right? It will have an affect on tyre wear and handling at the short tracks but not as much at say Daytona.

443 sounds a better figure, my 2 cents.

A fully worn in car will get 446bhp with the power limiter at 50%. The restrictions in the room that are close to this are 443bhp (won't be able to reduce the car's power enough) and 453bhp (Nationwide power).

Arca cars make less power than cup cars because of the rev limiter, so they are geared longer. Arca have RPM limiter set to 8800, where a cup car is limitied at 10,000rpm.. Cup cars make peak power at 9800. On average Arca carsmake the same amoutn of power as a nationwide car, but have 300 lbs more weight and a lot longer gears, with a lot less aero.

Maybe just run it at 453 then? The weight should almost account for the performance gap.

And by the way, i've decided to go full time in this as TOCA ATCC will be finished by then. I'll take my #99 Ford 👍

Alright, put me on reserve for now and i will let you know in the next day or two if will be able to join. Not positive at the moment tough.

I really like Toscana ovals, they're a nice change of scenery, often with steep bankings and I would like to see them included in at least one of the stock car series on GTP. If you aren't opposed to this idea, I could try and work on a Talladega for you? Banked turns, long straights, around 2 1/2 miles, hopefully minimal elevation change.

Just a thought 👍

I really like Toscana ovals, they're a nice change of scenery, often with steep bankings and I would like to see them included in at least one of the stock car series on GTP. If you aren't opposed to this idea, I could try and work on a Talladega for you? Banked turns, long straights, around 2 1/2 miles, hopefully minimal elevation change.

Just a thought 👍

As long as there is no stupid elevation change its an idea, I'll try as well. 👍

Awesome 👍

The reason Drop left Toscana out of the Cup is that the dark would become an issue with the length of the races, but if you're only doing 100-150 miles it's not going to matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back