• 33 comments

DQuaN

Goat of the Year
Premium
United Kingdom
Ealing-London
awards2006bgd7.jpg

The Results!

Sorry for the delay everyone. Here are the results of the GTP Awards® 2006!

Most Knowledgeable
Famine!
Well Duh!

Best Quote
Duke!
for
Duke
i have a kweston: how do u find ur way too skool every morning o w8 mabe that the prblm

Best Thread
A tie here.

Giles Guthrie!for Did You See Anything Good Today?.

Touring Mars! for The Classic Albums Thread

YSSMAN! for the Best Car Series.
(not a single thread I know but deserves to be included.)

A 4th thread tied with these but Readme.txt has now been deleted!

Most Helpful
G.T!

Frendliest
G.T!

Funniest
Touring Mars!

Best Avatar/Title/Sig combination
Sage!

Biggest Impression on GTP
Famine!

Most likely to be wheeled off to the nuthouse
Omnis!

Best Turnaround
George Morley!

Most Opinionated
Danoff!
A clear winner!

Most likely to be crowned a moderator
G.T!

Congrats to all the winners, especially to G.T who took a real haul this year.

I'll be back next year with the GTP Awards® 2007!

Congratulations guys, G.T you really wen't to town with the bribes this year ;), well done 👍.

Oh my... Seriously, thank you very much guys for the votes. I honestly didn't know I make such a big impression! :cheers:

Congratulations to the other winners as well! :)

G.T
Oh my... Seriously, thank you very much guys for the votes. I honestly didn't know I make such a big impression! :cheers:

Congratulations to the other winners as well! :)

Congratulations G.T but you know they were votes of sympathy right? :sly:

Spec....

Thanks for the votes, whoever was kind enough to vote for me for anything! I must say, I voted for danoff as 'Most Opinionated', but it sounds like a bit of a back-handed compliment (or even just a plain insult!) I'd like to qualify my vote by saying that I was really voting for 'Most Able To Clearly State An Opinion And Defend It'. Well done to everyone else who got any votes whatsoever... most of my nominations didn't end up winning a category, but so many were so close to call that to single any one person out was pretty much impossible. Good work for coordinating it all, Dunc. Until next year... 👍

Thanks, all for voting me Best Quote. With some of the quality discourse around here (humourous and otherwise), it's an honor.

A few stats for you.

48 members cast a total of 360 votes over 83 nominees.

The highest amount of votes a member recieved for one category was 23 and the highest total votes receieved by any one member was 42. Both of these records were set by the same user. I'm sure you can guess who that was and which category it was in!

Hehe, not many surprises this year (Especially the multiple wins for G.T ;)), but I'm a little surprised by the nut house one. I was expecting atleast 10 more members in there :P. One question, though: shouldn't the original poster of the Did you see anything good today? get a mention? Just a thought.

Wow, what an honor. I didn't think I would win so I haven't prepared a speech. Gosh...

I'd like to thank the acadamy for considering me for this. It's an honor just to be nominated. I'd like to thank my wife, without who's love and support I could not have done this... you're the greatest baby...

I'd like to thank steve in production, tom in lighting - for always making me look good, key grip #2 (you know who you are... but I don't, I forgot your name). I'd like to thank James, my hairstylist... wait... wait turn off the music... I'm not done yet!

There'd better be some babes in the nuthouse. Babes who aren't named George or Ed either.

YSSMAN! for the Best Car Series.
(not a single thread I know but deserves to be included.)​

Thanks for the nominations and votes guys. What had pretty much started off as a way to keep people talking during the summer turned out pretty well, much better than I had expected. Although I think it has been hard to re-capture the fun that was had in those threads, I think they will be remembered for a while by those who participated in them.

Please stop. Thanks.
Was that Evan who posted that? I went blind and couldn't see......

Congrats to everyone who won. I think I agreed with the selections in every category, except I can't remember who I voted for the "most opinionated", but Danoff is a great choice(and the best online acceptance speech, ever :lol:👍 ). Also, a special pat on the back for James. The year of G.T!

Edit: It was FoolKiller I voted for the most opinionated!

I used to love when Yoko would make the occasional "guest appearance" on Animaniacs.

Bah Omnis stole my title all for himself!

Congrats to all the winners, especially TM and G.T, good job fellas.

Oooh, blimey. I won an award and didn't even notice. I hereby nominate myself for the "The Visual Acuity of Blind Pugh Award".

Thank you to anyone who voted for me - in both the two awards I won and any others I might have been voted for but didn't win. Hopefully I can crush all those who oppose me with an iron fist next time round, and succeed in my hostile takeover of the internet.

Back