• Thread starter DQuaN
  • 39 comments

DQuaN

Goat of the Year
Premium
United Kingdom
Ealing-London
GTP07_copy.jpg

Here we go chaps and chappettes! The moment you've all been waiting for!

The results for the GTP Awards® 2007 are as follows.

Most Knowledgeable
Famine!!
(Next year, this shall be called the Famine award, and Famine will be excluded!!!)

Best Quote

TVR&Ferrari_Fan!
TVR&Ferrari_Fan
Originally Posted by TVR&Ferrari_Fan View Post
The reason I say this, was my cat tried to take a chunk out of my arm early on. However before he could get a good grip on my arm, I moved my arm away quickly.

Best Thread
I think my Cat is turning into a Zombie
TVR&Ferrari_Fan!

Most Helpful
Digital Nitrate!

Friendliest

G.T!

Funniest
daan!

Best Avatar/Title/Sig combo
Sage!

Biggest impression on GTP

Famine!
(Ok, maybe this one as well!)

Most likley to be wheeled off to the nut house
TVR&Ferrari_Fan!

Most Improved member/Best Turnaround
A tie between:

Driving Park!
&
mnm_bmx!

Most Opinionated

Danoff!

Most likely to be crowned a moderator
A tie between:
Digital Nitrate
&
G.T

Best new member
A tie between:
SwitchFX
&
alba

Darwin Award
TVR&Ferrari_Fan!

Congrats to (nearly) all winners. Deserved i'm sure. Hope you enjoyed voting, and reading the results. It must have been more enjoyable than organising it! :P

See you all next year for the next awards!

It's amazing how we all think alike. If I voted defferently, I can certainly go along with the winning selections.

I don't know if that was a joke, but I'm digging your idea on the "Famine Award". That one is not much of a contest with Famine in the race.

It's not a joke! Famine has won every year and will continue to win. The fight for second place was close and interesting.

I'm sure Famine wouldn't mind retiring as the undefeated champion of GTP, and allowing a new contender to win the coveted crown!

Thanks for the work you put into these awards and all but the results seem meh...and it's not because I didn't win anything.

I know what you mean. They are a bit...

Can't argue with the voice of the people though!

The fight for second place was close and interesting.

Danoff: 0. Duke: 0. D-N: 0. YSSMAN: 0 ect..... Very exciting.:dopey:

Four of my votes won. I need to spend more time here.

Congrats to the winners. Surprise that TVR&FF won all of the dunce categories.

I think if people really met me in person they would have changed there votes.

Thoughts about the Darwin Award:

I have seen some other members who deserved this award more then me. However, I am not naming names.

Will any of these awards make me leave? Not at all

I'm pretty pleased with the results, most of the people I voted for won the catagory.

Congrats to all the winners, all of you are a credit to GTP...

... and all the rest of you guys also! :lol:

Robin

Wow.... I am very impressed. I tied with Driving Park for the "Most Improved member/Best Turnaround". Well thanks for supporting me as well as DP. But most of all, I congratulate all of those who made it onto the awards. Without all of us, especially DQuaN for running this award, it wouldn't be a success. 👍

But the big winners (Famine & TVR&Ferrari_Fan) should be banned from next years award. :lol:

But the big winners (Famine & TVR&Ferrari_Fan) should be banned from next years award. :lol:
Heh, it's kind of like the PotY (Post of the Year) awards on anotehr forum I'm a member of. The trolls rule the forums, so it's always the same people who get voted for a series of un-funny posts. Not that Famine and TVR are trolls; they simply dominate the same way thse people do ...

I'm disappointed with the best thread/post category. I think next year we need a most useful thread/post, for things like Endurance companion guides, A-Spec point guides, License test guides, etc. I don't know how many things like that were made in 2007, or how many will be in 2008, but these things deserve credit.

Agreed, it was a funny-ish thread to glance over but by no means the best thread of the year. Beyond that I don't have any problems with any of the winners, even the ones I didn't vote for. For the most part they're all people who I'd have guessed would be in the running so congrats to them :cheers:.

We need a lot more rewards next year. These were really kinda meh.

If I'm allowed to ask, did I get nominated for anything at all?

You only got one vote i'm afraid. It was in the Most Likely to be Crowned a Mod category though.

Back