(Banned)
United States
New York
Jahgee1124
1921-1925 Scott Sociable nominated by @Adamgp
8721580231_1ac38461be_z.jpg

Engines:
0.6L I2
Power: 7.5hp (no, not 75, seven point five).
Torque: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Transmission: 3-speed manual without reverse gear
Drivetrain: Side (front) engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door convertible tricar
Additional Info: "Scott was a British motorcycle & sidecar manufacturer during WWI, they built motorcycle/sidecar machine gun carriers. After the war, they decided to try building cars. As you might guess, stability was an issue."​
167898.jpg

Scott_Sociable_02.jpg

8480715131_6aeb3f62e1_z.jpg

2904750851_cf8219fa04_z.jpg

Bwahahahahahahaha!! Seriously?! Even with 1920s technology I could have made better looking sheet metal than that.

Did the design team run out of money after completing three wheels? The car looks ridiculous with an offset front wheel. Add in the fact that the car itself looks surprised at how it turned out. Since it's so weird it falls out of cool consideration, but it does look hysterically bad. Therefore, due to the comedy, it becomes Meh.

Awful name, the metalwork and tarpaulin makes it look like it's been covered with skin grafts.

Seriously Uncool

I know this thing is 90 years old but I'd still imagine that a 1922 GTP Cool Wall discussion would have still found it SU.

If the front wheel was in the middle, it would've been a meh. But this looks like they paused designing it, went for a lunch break and forgot all about it. SU.

I looked at that picture and had to convince myself that I wasn't actually seeing things. What the hell were they thinking? Instant SU.

This is a motorcycle+sidecar combo with a body on it.

Seriously uncool.

Edit:
I'm sorry, but 7.5 HP is really inexcusable. Pretty sure my lawnmower makes that.

Or that may be 7.5 ft lbs torque...

Anyway, quirkiness saves it from being seriously uncool.

Was your lawnmower built in 1921?

"Hey! Let's slap some sheet metal onto a sidecar, give it rack and pinion steering and a bench seat. The public will surely think this is how a dangero- uh... budget car should look and it's definitely not a failed military concept we're trying to find other uses for."

Did the design team run out of money after completing three wheels?

And yet they could still afford to give it a rubbish name.

Last edited:
It's somewhat surprising that I actually know what this is. (I collect books on automotive curiosities)

Not that I understand it.

And yes, at the time it came out, most buyers didn't think it was very cool, either.

Abstained. Because I'm tempted to give it a SZ just because it's so stupid.

Was your lawnmower built in 1921?
No, but this was.
1921_Ford_Model_T_Touring_FAU_2.jpg

Oh, and this.
Citroen1921typeA.jpg

And this.
1921Chevrolet490Touring.jpg

Hell, even this.
Harley-davidson-1921-21J-EH-1.jpg

They all make more horsepower (most by about ten), the cars have four (The correct amount*) wheels, the bike also has the appropriate amount of wheels, and they were all cheap for their time. If I were a car buyer in 1921, my choices were unstable hunk of ugly sheet metal, or not unstable, not ugly hunk of sheet metal.

Granted all the cars I posted are from the land of horsepower(**), but I could also see about bringing some European models in.

* Exceptions to the rule were ones that could actually turn without fear of falling over.
** 'Murica. The red one is from France though, and it still makes a modest 17 HP.

Back