32_Daimler_Double_Six_Spt_Sln_DV-06-Q-06.jpg

Body Styles: 2-door drophead coupe, 4-door saloon
Engine: 6.5L Daimler V12
Power: 50 tax hp, 150 engine hp
Weight: 2641 kg
Transmission: 4-speed pre-selector
Drivetrain: Front-engined, rear-wheel drive
Additional Information:
An ultra-luxury car produced by the English Daimler Motor Company.
It was a new project created specifically for Daimler's 6.5L V12 engine.
As was common at the time, coachwork was subject to specification but each car was broadly similar and shared the same body-on-frame style.​

Daimler-Double-Six-50-Sport-Corsica-Drophead-Coupe-1907.jpg

1931_Daimler_DoubleSix40501.jpg

Daimler-Double_Six_50_Corsica_mp379_pic_39067.jpg

autowp.ru_daimler_double_six_50_sport_corsica_drophead_coupe_7.jpg

The power/weight ratio is similar to a 1932 Ford V8 Coupe, so it was plenty quick for it's day not considering Duesenberg.

It looks so imposing, Sub Zero just for presence.

I just realized that coachworks-built cars are a tough one for the Cool Wall. I mean, looks are a VERY important factor in coolness and it's something that, in case of coach built cars, varies from chassis to chassis.

That said, GP4831 is Sub Zero because it looks gorgeous and classy but GY1091 is a mere Cool because it looks like something an evil villain would drive.

Last edited:
What do you expect from the '30s? I think the engine had 12 cylinders for more smoothness, not more power. It looks like a Luxury car more than a sports car.

axJmn.gif

You see, there are people who are convinced that the amount of horsepower or technology on a car has to do at all with it being cool or not. They also seem to think wire wheels are uncool no matter the date of the car's manufacture just because they don't like them.

We call them: "People who still don't understand that it's not a 'Like Wall' or a 'Good Wall' but a Cool Wall'" and we try not to engage them besides the ocassional snide joke :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.

Any car older than the 1950 model year seems to get an instant pass around here.

Because they are extremely cool. I'll give you an example: I once had a ride around the city in a 4th-gen Studebaker Champion. It was black and the absolute most bare-bones economy version of a car that, at least in the US of A was a cheap car. It was a brief drive around the block on one of the city's wealthiest neighborhoods. You wanna know how many people looked at us in the street with their mouths agape, disregarding the BMWs and assorted "luxury cars" around? Every-:censored:ing-body.

Such a kind of car attracts all the attention you could possibly want without looking like a try-hard or a vulgar noveau riche type.

Last edited:
Because they are extremely cool. I'll give you an example: I once had a ride around the city in a 4th-gen Studebacker Champion. It was black and the absolute most bare-bones economy version of a car that, at least in the US of A was a cheap car. It was a brief drive around the block on one of the city's wealthiest neighborhoods. You wanna know how many people looked at us in the street with their mouths agape, disregarding the BMWs and assorted "luxury cars" around? Every-:censored:ing-body.

Such a kind of car attracts all the attention you could possibly want without looking like a try-hard or a vulgar noveau riche type.

I'll admit, that moment is pretty damn cool, but it's just this car in particular I don't like. I think it looks too much like a box from the side view, and the nose is way too long. Something about the proportions I guess.

Here's a much more nicely proportioned Mercedes from the same time period. I believe this one's a 710. It was used for racing, but I'm pretty sure it's still road-legal.

30-MB_710SS_Rennsport-DV-07-PB_013.jpg

Last edited:
I'll be honest, I've never liked most pre-war and Depression era designs, and this does nothing to change that.

Uncool

You do realize that was a joke, right?
axJmn.gif

You see, there are people who are convinced that the amount of horsepower or technology on a car has to do at all with it being cool or not. They also seem to think wire wheels are uncool no matter the date of the car's manufacture just because they don't like them.

We call them: "People who still don't understand that it's not a 'Like Wall' or a 'Good Wall' but a Cool Wall'" and we try not to engage them besides the ocassional snide joke :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.

I didn't realise it at the time, but I do now. Sorry.

So Sub Zero that my screen froze when I opened the thread.

Okay, maybe not, but you get the point.

I'm sure back in those days a long front made sure everyone knew they where a inferior person.

it looks kinda stupid because of it like a shoe.

A 1930's Uncool.

I'm sorry, I couldn't focus on anything after realizing there's a freakin' elephant head as a hood ornament.

Sub-Zero.

Latest Posts

Back