Engines:
7.0L Supercharged I8
Power: 320 hp
Torque: 425 lb-ft.
Weight: 2608 kg
Transmission: 3-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: Coachbuilt to owner's preference​

As it could be coachbuilt to its owner's preference, I vote meh. For specific coachbuilds, I might vote anywhere between seriously uncool (for something gaudy and ostentatious) to sub zero (as many coachbuilt cars from this era had stunning art deco designs, fully worthy of such a vote), so overall, it all averages out.

Cars that can be tailor-made to the owner's request are most certainly Cool.

Some coach-built variants look downright sinister, in a way that cars from that period could pull off without looking too ridiculous.

Immense class. Sub Zero.

I find it lacks any defining character. It's not unpleasant to look at... but it could be anything, it's like a generic old car. Neither the details nor shape really say much, you could tell me this was the Golf of it's era, or the Veyron, and I could believe either, it's just that m'eh.

These are incredible cars to behold in person. The SJ is instantly, effortlessly sub zero. In its day it was by far the fastest car in the world. It could easily cruise at 100 mph in an era when most cars struggled to maintain 60. It's big, but the proportions are perfectly judged. It remains, to this day, one of the best built cars ever produced.

And if anyone was in any doubt of the coolness of the car:
1932-Duesenberg-Model-SJ-Convertible-by-Walker-Grande-Red-Maroon-fsvr.jpg

I was going to give it a solid cool but a supercharged inline 8 brings it up to Sub Zero.

It'd be impossible to live out my Gatsby aspirations without one.

Like the Hornet, a prime example of a car that is utterly of-its-time. Nothing like either could exist in the modern day, and that's just a small reason why they're both SZ for me. The specs appeal to the car-loving part of me, but really; just look at it.

Suz-zero. It's Art Deco and one of those cars people would know is special even if they hadn't the faintest idea what cars even were.

300+ HP? 400+ lb-ft? Pre-1950s????? I'm really curious if this is accurate. If it is..

WOW, even the weight isn't bad when you consider it is almost the same as a Rolls-Royce Phantom Drophead Coupé. Even if for some crazy reason someone doesn't like the looks of the car how can specs be anything but cool.

Just wow, sub-zero... no absolute zero.

These are incredible cars to behold in person. The SJ is instantly, effortlessly sub zero. In its day it was by far the fastest car in the world. It could easily cruise at 100 mph in an era when most cars struggled to maintain 60. It's big, but the proportions are perfectly judged. It remains, to this day, one of the best built cars ever produced.

And if anyone was in any doubt of the coolness of the car:
1932-Duesenberg-Model-SJ-Convertible-by-Walker-Grande-Red-Maroon-fsvr.jpg
Wire wheels seriously uncool

@originalcheezlt

I Have to say some people really dont appreciate classics are maybe ignorant or they dont have taste

The car Is Sub Zero because it was made during the depression and Was the fastest cars at the time with a Supercharged I8 And it looks Amazing till this day

Why yes, I would love one but there is a coolness decay that happens over time. You absolutely could not own, drive or been seen in one of these without looking like a complete Piers Moron.

The 1930s is too far back.

Seriously Uncool

Latest Posts

Back