GTP Cool Wall: 1934-1939 Bugatti Type 57(S)

1934-1939 Bugatti Type 57(S)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
Orange County, NY
GTP_GT916
Nii916
1934-1939 Bugatti Type 57(S) nominated by @Crash
1937-Bugatti-Type-57-S-Coupe-by-Gangloff-of-Colmar-8-768x1366.jpg

Engines:
3.3L I8, 3.3L Supercharged I8
Power: 57: 135 hp; 57S: 175 hp; 57SC: 200 hp
Torque: Unknown
Weight: 950 kg
Transmission: 4-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe, 2-door convertible​
Bugatti_Type_57_Atalante_1936.jpg

big_thumb_b545910a4d8b794ce785a93b9dd88d00.jpg

35-Bugatti_Type-57_Ventoux_DV-07-MB_010.jpg

37-Bugatti-57S-Atlantic_DV-10-PBC_027.jpg

37-Bugatti-57S-Atlantic_DV-10-PBC_025.jpg

37-Bugatti-57S-Atlantic_DV-10-PBC_015.jpg

Oh my, the Atlantic... Bugatti cars may be as rare as unicorns, but just look at it. Especially the Atlantic, look at it! The fins and the covered wheels, the overall shape. Ok, so you may not see these often, but my god, they are incredibly elegant as 1930 cars. Also, Inline 8 engine for the ultimate unicorn factor.

Must I say anything else? Take this bottle of exquisite French champagne and put it in the fridge.

Never really floated my boat style-wise. Well engineered and certainly a quality product back in the day. But to me it's still a 70 year old vehicle with all the baggage that comes with that. Add to it the whole concors bull that surrounds anything with the Bugatti badge, and it's a SU. From me.

Oh hey, I have one of these in GTA V!

However, nobody will actually drive it with the risk of their multi-million dollar car getting a scratch, so SU.

It's pretty much safe to say, since the car in the OP has a Dutch license plate, and how many black Bugatties? Bugattae? will there be in the Netherlands, that that one has a set of new spark plugs and some other bits, thanks to me!

It's a dang shame, or not, that these things never see the road. The one I worked on was brought in a closed car trailer, in the dark, it was backed up into the garage, it drove maybe 10 meter under its own power, and left the same way.

Still a massive Sub zero from me, for the looks, sound and smell it had.

Never really floated my boat style-wise. Well engineered and certainly a quality product back in the day. But to me it's still a 70 year old vehicle with all the baggage that comes with that. Add to it the whole concors bull that surrounds anything with the Bugatti badge, and it's a SU. From me.

Oh hey, I have one of these in GTA V!

However, nobody will actually drive it with the risk of their multi-million dollar car getting a scratch, so SU.

While I absolutely get, and loathe, the snob car show thing you two mention, I think there are certain cars that overrun that aspect because of how absolutely impossibly awesome they are. All are from the same era of this car, and this is obviously one of them.

Yes, crazy expensive, but it's beauty and class from one of the great automotive design eras more than makes up for it.

Sub zero.

While I absolutely get, and loathe, the snob car show thing you two mention, I think there are certain cars that overrun that aspect because of how absolutely impossibly awesome they are. All are from the same era of this car, and this is obviously one of them.

This isn't just any car for snobs though, it's a Type 57. Only the 250 GTO could come CLOSE to the level of not-getting-driven.

Although I believe one of the owners of the Atlantic does actually drive it from time to time. Eh, too late to change my vote, but it is absolutely jaw-dropping.

Bugatti is the height of class full stop. This car doesn't even look like it came from the 30's. Sub zero

I'm gonna get stick for this;

I don't think the coupe looks that nice, the all black one in the OP just looks awful. However the convertible looks good and the blue one below it looks good as it has different headlights.

It's only getting a cool from me. I do applaude Bugatti for designing something as radical as this back in the '30s. And it's also not a Veyron but you will get people asking if it's an old Veyron.

It's nice, but by far not my favorite car from the era. Plus people like Ralph Lauren buy these as art pieces and stuff them away in a private museum and seldom drive them.

Meh.

Such a shame that these don't see the road. Also super rare, super expensive but super beautiful and it's another epitome of cool. Sub'd.

Back