Wiegert

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
1948-1954 Jaguar XK120 nominated by @All Your Base

Jaguar-XK120-Roadster-1949-54.jpg

Body Style: 2-door roadster, 2-door "drophead" coupé, 2-door "fixed head" coupé
Engine: 3.4L XK I6
Power: 160 hp-180 hp (SE), 210 hp (SE C-Type Head)
Torque: 193 ft-lb-203 ft-lb (SE), 220 ft-lb (SE C-Type Head)
Weight: 1295 kg-1345 kg
Transmission: 4-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front-engine, rear wheel drive
Additional Info: The XK120 was the world's fastest production car from 1949 to 1955. The XK120 was successful in racing and rallying, and it even won the first NASCAR road race as well as the first import to win a NASCAR race.​
1948-jaguar-xk120-alloy-roadster.jpg
50936b.jpg
54-Jaguar_XK120_DHC_DV-07-RH_01.jpg
carpixel.net-1953-jaguar-xk120-drophead-coupe-uk-35428-wide.jpg
XK120-FHC-1951.jpg
1951_Jaguar_XK120FixedHeadCoup3.jpg
1953JaguarXK120_03_700.jpg
Jaguar_XK120_interior.JPG

Gorgeous, and very classy. But not quite SZ, as it seems a bit too well suited to a conservative older gentleman rather than possessing a more intriguing image.. Also, the OP mentions Nascar, which doesn't make it look cooler. Still, it gets a solid cool from me because it's hard to look bad driving one of these.

If it doesn't wow you, no wheeled thing will.

(Yeah yeah, De Vil's car was modelled more after pre-war cars, but I've always associated this with it anyway).

Apparently a car that has NASCAR mentioned in its Cool Wall OP, can be sub zero.

Who would have known.

NASCAR was mentioned. Plus this car was supposedly a major influence for the C1 Corvette.

Solid Cool.

The version with the rear wheel covers is one of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen, and contrary to expectations I still see XK120/140/150s out on the road from time to time.

If you didn't vote sub-zero, you have no soul and are an apostate.

Yeah, or we just think it's a bit ugly or generic looking, probably mostly garage queens these days, owned by reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally boring people. Nothing at all cool about it IMO. Plus that same old "old Jag hype"....

Yeah, or we just think it's a bit ugly or generic looking, probably mostly garage queens these days, owned by reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally boring people. Nothing at all cool about it IMO. Plus that same old "old Jag hype"....

It's okay, we know you have the same views for BMW anyway.

Oh wait.

SVX
Saying there's an unfounded preference to old Jags when you clearly have your own.

There seems to be unfounded preference. And, I do, but It doesn't stop me from abstaining or voting uncool when it comes to BMW's. I'd be surprised if I've ever voted a BMW cool "because old BMW", though I might have done since I'm always tempted towards protest votes when I read the ******** other people use as coolwall opinion deciders.

Though this isn't a protest vote.. this car is 1940's beige, nothing more.

There's no doubt it's a beautiful car. In fact, I've actually seen one of these in person, at a Concours D' Elegance themed car show in September. And it's rich NASCAR history makes the car even cooler. However, as @Beeblebrox237 said this car is more for older Republicans than car nerds or young enthusiasts.

Cool.

Whatever the cars are today, in their prime, these were racing cars for the road. Fast, drop dead gorgeous.

"Shaped by the wind" comes to mind as an apt description.

I've seen one of these in person... one of the few old cars that I feel is prettier than the E-Type.

Sub-zero.

I've seen one of these in person... one of the few old cars that I feel is prettier than the E-Type.

I have never understood the hype for the E-Type at all. Sorry, but I don't see it as jaw droppingly gorgeous. Very pretty, yes, but not to the level people make it out to be. Might be my warped mind, but I find that the coupe is too phallic and the roadster is far too fussy in the rear.

This, on the other hand, oozes class.

Great fun to drive for being a old heap of oil leaking unreliability. And 3.4 XK.

Solid, solid cool.

Back