Engines:
3.4L I6
Power: 190-210 hp
Torque: 203 lb-ft.
Weight: 1430 kg
Transmission: 3-speed automatic, 4-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door roadster, 2-door coupe
Additional Info: "Beautiful from any angle, first Jaguar to offer an automatic transmission, and could hit 125mph"​
jaguar-xk140-76637.jpg

LA2_Jaguar_XK_140_DHC_1955_rear.jpg

20141004_091416-jpg.263697

140%20fhc%203.JPG

jag-xk140-S-fhc-exterior.JPG

1955-Jaguar-XK-140-SE-Roadster-Interior-2.jpg

Last edited:
Probably because he/she noticed it said: "3-speed Automatic"

That hardtop one makes me make sounds that would.. say.. mistake my parents assuming that I'm watching excessively euphoric content.

The only thing i don't like is the 3-speed automatic but i don't really expect a car at that time would have more gear.

But at the end it's still a Sub Zero for me.

When a car is so classy, so elegant and so well-built, I can forgive the fact that it has a three-speed auto transmission. I mean, just look at that car! Isn't that what the expression "British class" was created for? It's a beautifully proportioned car, that works its craft in the best possible way. Get me a fridge, I'm putting this in it.

When a car is so classy, so elegant and so well-built, I can forgive the fact that it has a three-speed auto transmission. I mean, just look at that car! Isn't that what the expression "British class" was created for? It's a beautifully proportioned car, that works its craft in the best possible way. Get me a fridge, I'm putting this in it.
There are very few cars I would put in the Sub Zero Fridge. This is one of them

Wire wheels, 3-speed automatic, wing mounted mirrors. Who cares, those are stupid reasons to vote anyway. This car is so sub zero, other cars need studded tyres when around it.

Meh. Not as cool as the E-Type and looks like something that would be driven by someone decked out in tweed.

Complaining about the transmission shows ignorance of history. Instant SZ, though I'd put the XK120 a notch higher still.

*Sees tittle* *clicks on SZ immediately*

This.

Am I the only one who finds the XK120/XK140 more beautiful than the E-Type? Look at those sweeping lines: this is the last of the 30s sportscar, and it gets bonus points because it was affordable to... Well, non-absurdly rich people. It's also been very successful in motorsport - and served as a base for the legendary C-Type Jaguars.

This.

Am I the only one who finds the XK120/XK140 more beautiful than the E-Type? Look at those sweeping lines: this is the last of the 30s sportscar, and it gets bonus points because it was affordable to... Well, non-absurdly rich people. It's also been very successful in motorsport - and served as a base for the legendary C-Type Jaguars.
I really don't like the E-type. This looks miles better than the e type.

Back