Jahgee1124
1955-1957 Ford Thunderbird nominated by @Xilor
%2756_Ford_Thunderbird_%28Sterling_Ford%29.jpg

Body: 2-Door Convertible
Engines: 292 C.I. (4.8 L) V8, 312 C.I. (5.1 L) V8
Transmission: 2-Speed Automatic, 3-Speed Manual
Drivetrain: Front Engine, Rear Wheel Drive
Power Output: 245 HP

Solid cool, looks how a 50s American car should look in my opinion, I think it represents its time fairly well.

It's a classic 50's Ford, which makes it cool. There's really not much else special about it to make it cooler, or anything to make it uncool. Power output was very good for it's time.

The first Thunderbirds were meant to compete with the Corvette, and it did outsell the Vette until the 60's, when the Mustang took over as Ford's sports car.

Sub-Zero. Few cars out there wear black better than a first-gen Thunderbird. Gives it a sinister edge while maintaining an effortlessly cool appearance.

The only other T-Bird that even comes close is the third-gen.

DFBird-7.jpg

70642_Engine_Web.jpg

Cool, very close to Sub-zero.

The photos above is the factory supercharger option only available for 1957. Only 194 examples of the "F-code" T-Birds were made. Horsepower levels was boosted upwards of 325 to 340 HP.

One of the best sounding car names ever. Just think about it in that sense. Thunderbird. Wow.

Equalled only by the Ford Thunderbolt, but that was only a one-off, sadly.

Cool.

One of the best sounding car names ever. Just think about it in that sense. Thunderbird. Wow.

Equalled only by the Ford Thunderbolt, but that was only a one-off, sadly.

Cool.
I'd assume they took the name from the equally as cool myth.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbird_(mythology)

The only time I ever saw one was a little black one at a gas station owned by a woman in her 60s, cool person for a cool car.

Meh. The 292 is a good engine but the whole car doesn't do much for me.

Back