GTP Cool Wall: 1964-1965 Lightburn Zeta Sports

• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 54 comments

1964-1965 Lightburn Zeta Sports

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Found a pic of the hardtop

751f57ea109a46d7bbf4dccbc14f4e81.jpg

"EhyyaY?" - The closest I can get to the weird sound that came out of my mouth when I saw it.

I'm honestly to confused to vote.

Whoa, there. This is way too realistic.

You wait for chapter 7....!

"She wanted all four hundred and ninety eight of his cubic centimetres, his 67mm bore was almost too much, and even though his stroke was only 70mm, the Australian heat overcame his air cooled heart, and the throbbing engine exploded. It was quite sometime before the Automobile Association of Australia came to rescue them. It was a beautiful night, she was happy they got to lay gazing at the stars whilst being held in each others arms as they waited for the AAA.... he was glad it wasn't raining, because he'd traded the folding fabric roof mechanism for a 6 pack of CastlemaineXXXX three days earlier"

Reads thread title: What a sweet name, as long as it isn't some horrible kit-car looking thing this could be an easy cool. Hell, with a name like that, maybe Sub-Zero if it's even vaguely pretty.

Opens Thread:
bw13_r260_01-jpg.563922

...An established manufacturer of cement mixers and washing machines...

It sounds like a cream you get to combat a shaving rash on your crotch.

bummed.gif

At least it's rear-engined.

I just noticed the OP picture has the ol' Festival State South Aussie plates on it. Not that it increases the Coolness of it in any way, shape or form but...South 'Straya!

Seriously Uncool.

Well at least it's got German engineering (ish) to boast...

I want to love it but I can't muster more than a Meh.

I don't want to be mean to it, but it looks like a toy car facing the wrong direction. I'll be generous and only give it an uncool.

I like the fact it optimistically has two seats just in case someone else might actually want to be seen in it. Uncool.

Would you believe that out of a production run of 26 cars, one prototype was a coupe that gave it both full weather protection and directionality of design and came with 2 suicide style doors?
In my book that's getting closer to absolute zero, and yes it's in my driveway awaiting reinstallation of it's 3 cylinder two stroke engine amidships.

Would you believe that out of a production run of 26 cars, one prototype was a coupe that gave it both full weather protection and directionality of design and came with 2 suicide style doors?
In my book that's getting closer to absolute zero...

Necro-bump alert! Make nasty posts!

...and yes it's in my driveway awaiting reinstallation of it's 3 cylinder two stroke engine amidships.

Oh, hang on... tell us more and show pics :D

In my book that's getting closer to absolute zero, and yes it's in my driveway awaiting reinstallation of it's 3 cylinder two stroke engine amidships.
Yo, that's pretty cool if you actually have that coupe prototype!

If you can, could you take a picture of it with a can of beans or a sheet of paper with your name on it and share it with us?

Pearls before swine
From the view is cutsey quirky.
Side view is cartoonish 50's spaceship.
Rear view is nasty competition looking like an early sixties rear engined prototype racer.

No doors is a very rare mark of distinction lost on young fools above that should have the least trouble and most fun clamboring in it.

Where is your sense if adventure?
Do you require a video screen to be entertained?
Appreciation for originality and anything demanding recognition for its foray outside of boring utilitarian conformity?

It is one of the very most appealing and rare micro cars ever made.
And no they only made 28 of them inclusive of 2 protoypes, of which I possess the only one that is either a coupe or has doors.
Like I said pearls before swine

First of all, the proportions of this car are just out of whack. I keep looking twice to figure out what is the front of the car and what is the back of it. Incredibly strange design. This is not exactly a "boringmobile," but it won't make you much cooler. Something like this car is probably like if the Grand Tour crew had their vehicle break down and have one of these as a replacement. Therefore, Seriously Uncool.

Man I voted cool on this way back in 2016 but didn't comment on it at all.

Seeing as the thread got bumped for some reason...

This car looks like a car that would appear in a dream. But not one of those lucid dreams where you get to control things, like a weird dream where your brain just sort of farts out random thoughts and somehow strings it together into a semi-cohesive experience. Like basically AI-generated levels of weird nonsense trying to pass itself off as normal. This is what a car would look like coming out of one of those.

I kind of love it for that tbh.

Back