1964-1965 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe nominated by @AudiMan2011
1046374.jpg

Production: 1964-1965
Styles: 2 Door Coupe
Engines: 4.7 liter V8
Transmission: 4-speed Manual
Layout: Front Engine, Rear Wheel Drive
Power Output: 385 HP

Shouldn't the 427 car be listed as well?

This just goes to show that those like 200hp 289's have some balls to them. Sub zero. Timeless design, and awesome performer. Would love to have a street version.

So in other words you don't understand why I posted what I did, you've decided to go all angst about it without trying to figure it out. Which isn't surprising.
What? No, I was just saying that the same type of post gets posted in every race car cool wall. I'm not going against you. :lol:

What? No, I was just saying that the same type of post gets posted in every race car cool wall. I'm not going against you. :lol:

And I'm saying at least I have a reason which I demonstrated when asked the last time this came about.

Do I think it's a cool car, yes almost as much as the GT40 race cars. Should it be up for vote because some people have a iconic lust for it...no

Also the GT40 is my favorite car next to the C2 Vette Split Window so me putting it(Daytona Coupe) on par with them should show you that I can be quite objective with the voting.

Not seriously uncool because race car - the Cobra Daytona had more than a whiff of road legality about it and indeed Phil Spector did drive his on the road.

Seriously uncool because museum piece.

Not seriously uncool because race car - the Cobra Daytona had more than a whiff of road legality about it and indeed Phil Spector did drive his on the road.

Seriously uncool because museum piece.

Well that too, and the fact it is highly by the numbers built.

Despite being a museum piece, I'm still going to go with cool just because it's an awesome classic with Shelby's name on it.

Sub-zero. It's a beautiful classic.

And the fact that it was designed by the same 19 year old that designed the C2 Corvette makes it even cooler.

Pete Brock was more involved with the Stingray concept than the C2 Corvette.

Last edited:
I spent a long time staring at the OP picture pondering what to vote, and then I realised that if something doesn't immediately announce itself as cool on first sight, it isn't cool.

...I've tried and failed about 4 times to come up with a good reason to explain why I voted this as Sub-Zero.

Despite that, it doesn't make me regret my decision. Not many American cars get a reaction beyond 'meh' out of me. I've made no secret of my disdain for most American cars (despite being an American...)

This is different. I traditionally don't vote race cars Sub-Zero if certain conditions apply (only notable exception was the 787B) but this is road-legal (and, apparently was driven - thank you to Famine for my history lesson of the day, had to find out who Phil Spector was) and has an excellent racing pedigree (not that that really matters...)

Back