Jahgee1124
1964-1967 Sunbeam Tiger nominated by @gtpanoz
1966-sunbeam-tiger-front-left-side-view-3.jpg

Body Style: 2-door Roadster
Engine: 260 ci. (4.3L) V8, 289 ci. (4.7L) V8
Power Output: 164 HP, 225 HP
Transmission: 4 Speed Manual
Drivetrain: Front Engine, Rear Wheel Drive
Additional Information: Based off the Sunbeam Alpine, fitted with a Windsor Ford V8. Carroll Shelby tried to get the contract to make it in his factory, but the contract was given to Jenson. Idea for the car was proposed by Jack Brabham. 7128 total models were made across all 3 series.

NOTE: Poll will be open 8 days, since this is supposed to be Friday's poll, but I won't have access to a PC capable of doing a Cool Wall post until Sunday

60S roadsters.. very cool....

I am hesitating between sz and cool...

A hipster would find this cool, therefore it cannot be sz...

I know my logic doesnt make sense...

Cool. Alway liked these. Plus 300+ lb-ft of torque and screaming small blocks in a light car are always cool.

1966-sunbeam-tiger-engine.jpg

The photo above defines shoehorn. This is the 289 in the Tiger

Also a video of a Tiger owner taking the engine out for a transmission leak. BY HIMSELF! :crazy::scared::eek:

Subzero. I've always hoped that one day I can afford one. The only downside is they had Lucas junk electrics, which means you could literally spend years chasing shorts, and it probably isn't good to get caught in any kind of moisture. But on the whole they are just good classic cars.

If there was an option between "cool" and "sub-zero" this would fit right in. I love these little cars and they are *apparently* a rather good substitute for Shelby Cobras. :D

Solid Cool because while it's a great car, it doesn't appeal to me to the point that it's Sub Zero.

Love these, classic British roadster but, like the Cobra, packing some muscle. Watched a few on historic rallies as well. Very nice looking and sounding car that will turn a few heads, and not make people think you're an arse.

Cool.

James Bond didn't drive an AC Cobra, unless he did and I forgot, but I don't remember him driving one. In fact, he didn't even drive one of these, he drove an Alpine.

Nobody said Bond drove a Cobra...

Let's not fall into the trap of "Bond car equals cool". Lest we forget, Bond has driven the AMC Hornet, Ford Mustang Mach I, AEC Regent and... *shudder* the Citroen 2CV.

But on topic, the Alpine and Tiger are undeniably cool.

Last edited:
British roadster? Check. Great sound? Check. Great looks? Check. Great name? Check. Solid cool, not much else needs to be said!

Let's not fall into the trap of "Bond car equals cool". Lest we forget, Bond has driven the AMC Hornet, Ford Mustang Mach I, AEC Regent and... *shudder* the Citroen 2CV.

But on topic, the Alpine and Tiger are undeniably cool.

Those two are.

The rest, nope.

First 50 seconds and 4:46 to the end of the video.

I was recently educated about this car because of this video. Absolute sub-zero

Perfect example of Anglo-American Cool. An Alpine with an even better soundtrack.

Get Carter always springs to mind before Dr No when it comes to Sunbeams.

Back