Engines:
0.8L H2
Power: 44 hp
Torque: 49 lb-ft.
Weight: 580 kg
Transmission: 4-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door targa
Additional Info: "Toyota showed that they knew how to make a sports car way before Porsche. The Sports 800 was one of the first targas in the world. It also used aluminium to reduce weight."​
1280px-Toyota_Sports_800_at_History_Garage.jpg

Toyota_Sports_800_01.jpg

toyotasports8003.jpg

toyotasports8004.jpg

toyota_sports_800_1965_pictures_1.jpg

1965_Toyota_Sports-800_02.jpg

490641-756-0.jpg

Sorry, but is there a particular car that this 60-70s Japanese car actually copies from a specific car icon from out West?

That's bonus points if there's none.

I know this came 1st, but I just realised what it kind of reminds me of... a Pacer!

Cleverly engineered and would probably be fun to drive.

However the front end doesn't look that good to me, but it does look quite good with wire wheels on it. Also gains points for rarity.

Low cool.

Very high cool for me.

Sports car in a tiny light weight package. And it looks funky too.

60s equivalent of an AZ-1, but doesn't look anything like a hair dryer on wheels. Most other Japanese sports cars were far prettier but this played the quirkiness card very well indeed.

Cool.

Has most of the right ingredients to be cool, but unfortunately they're wrapped up in a body that manages to look awkward from every angle. Uncool.

I didn't even know about this car until I discovered it in Gran Turismo 6. Good thing I did, because it really does fit the bill of small car, small engine, big fun. Cool

Driving this car would make you look extremely homosexual, but not in the obnoxious Beetle way.

I'd drive one, but I'm too uncool to do so.

-

Cute. Quirky. Cool. Saw one being restored near here, but I don't know if the owner ever got past the "strip the chassis and throw all the mechanical parts in a pile" phase.

Cool. It looks cool, and it's super light. Also, it has a flat engine. That's something. Too bad it's not very powerful. But I guess it's not all always about stupid power.

Back