GTP Cool Wall: 1965-1969 Toyota Sports 800

  • Thread starter Thread starter GranTurismo916
  • 31 comments
  • 5,801 views

1965-1969 Toyota Sports 800


  • Total voters
    125
  • Poll closed .
Messages
15,456
United States
Orange County, NY
Messages
GTP_GT916
Messages
Nii916
1965-1969 Toyota Sports 800 nominated by @rallydakar
toyota_sports_800_promo_triodriverblog_08-jpg.281464


Engines:
0.8L H2
Power: 44 hp
Torque: 49 lb-ft.
Weight: 580 kg
Transmission: 4-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door targa
Additional Info: "Toyota showed that they knew how to make a sports car way before Porsche. The Sports 800 was one of the first targas in the world. It also used aluminium to reduce weight."​
1280px-Toyota_Sports_800_at_History_Garage.jpg

Toyota_Sports_800_01.jpg

toyotasports8003.jpg

toyotasports8004.jpg

toyota_sports_800_1965_pictures_1.jpg

1965_Toyota_Sports-800_02.jpg

490641-756-0.jpg
 
Ugliness not offset by vintage.

Meh.
 
Sorry, but is there a particular car that this 60-70s Japanese car actually copies from a specific car icon from out West?

That's bonus points if there's none.
 
I know this came 1st, but I just realised what it kind of reminds me of... a Pacer!
 
Cleverly engineered and would probably be fun to drive.

However the front end doesn't look that good to me, but it does look quite good with wire wheels on it. Also gains points for rarity.

Low cool.
 
Nearly 55 hp per liter. cool
 
Nice car, unique, insanely rare, at least in the states.

Cool.
 
Very high cool for me.

Sports car in a tiny light weight package. And it looks funky too.
 
60s equivalent of an AZ-1, but doesn't look anything like a hair dryer on wheels. Most other Japanese sports cars were far prettier but this played the quirkiness card very well indeed.

Cool.
 
I know this isn't made by you @GranTurismo916. But unless I've mistaken the meaning of sports car, this came long after Porsche had made its first one of them.
It's made before the FIRST porsche TARGA not Porsche :D ... Sorry for that :)
 
I don't like the way this car looks. It's a matter of opinion, but I think it's ugly and it's uncool for it.
 
Not very pretty, but small sports cars are usually cool in my book.

Low cool.
 
I know this isn't made by you @GranTurismo916. But unless I've mistaken the meaning of sports car, this came long after Porsche had made its first one of them.
I thought that statement was a bit questionable, but I couldn't omit it, unfortunately.
 
Has most of the right ingredients to be cool, but unfortunately they're wrapped up in a body that manages to look awkward from every angle. Uncool.
 
Quite ugly.

Very cool, though.
 
Funny that everyone thinks it's ugly.

I think it's quite cute, especially with the roof off. It's unusual looking, but not in a bad way I don't think.
 
I didn't even know about this car until I discovered it in Gran Turismo 6. Good thing I did, because it really does fit the bill of small car, small engine, big fun. Cool
 
Driving this car would make you look extremely homosexual, but not in the obnoxious Beetle way.
 
I'd drive one, but I'm too uncool to do so.

-

Cute. Quirky. Cool. Saw one being restored near here, but I don't know if the owner ever got past the "strip the chassis and throw all the mechanical parts in a pile" phase.
 
High cool for me, interesting and unique little sports car.
 
Cool. It looks cool, and it's super light. Also, it has a flat engine. That's something. Too bad it's not very powerful. But I guess it's not all always about stupid power.
 
Back