Orange County, NY
GTP_GT916
Nii916
1966-1969 Alfa Romeo Spider "Duetto" nominated by @GTP_Ingram
alfa-romeo-duetto-spider-1314757811-2688-jpg.289768

Engines:
1.6L I4, 1.8L I4
Power: 1.6: 109 hp; 1.8: 124 hp
Torque: 1.6: 103 lb-ft.; 1.8: 137 lb-ft.
Weight: 990 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door convertible​
631465593_2bfce9c2f7-jpg.289770

alfa_duetto_cockpit-jpg.289772

1968-alfa_romeo-duetto-187011355932533-jpg.289773

Classic Alfa roadster.

Would be SZ if the front would look a tiny bit better. It's proportions don't look as great as they could do.

But seriously cool anyway.

Beautiful, simply beautiful (especially without those pesky rubber bumpers). This is what a classic Alfa Romeo is all about; a simple, fun car that always puts a smile on your face. In this Spider, the speed from A to B is not what counts, that is how much fun the ride from A to B is. And in an Alfa, it can be very fun indeed.

And who can forget this:

(You don't have to watch the whole thing, but you should. Just saying.)

It's the fridge for the Duetto, not ashamed of saying that.

Last edited:
I must be in the small minority that doesn't care for the Duetto. Or any of the later Spiders that inherited the same basic shape. A shape that screams E-Type with a lower hipline. It's simply never appealed to me.

I am sane enough to acknowledge how cool the Duetto is, however.

Last edited:
doot, do-doot, doot-doot, do-doot-do, doot-doot-do-doot-doot...

Sub-zero. Cougars. Banging on church windows. All that jazz.

Cool. It's classic Alfa. Simple, not too fussy about details, decent power, weight distribution, and douchebags forget its existence because from their point of view, the answer is Miata.

This is one of those cars that when you see the poll results, you cock your head sideways and think, "Who the **** voted uncool?"

This car is the ultimate vehicle for going on drives in. It's not cool because it's an Alfa; I've never understood why Alfas are automatically cool for some people. I think most of them are ugly because of the triangle, but the original Spider is beautiful. Easily one of the best-designed cars of the 60's. I don't see why The Graduate would make it uncool, that's an excellent movie.

Sub-Zero.

But please don't retro-design the new one to look like it.

I'm not sure why I voted Uncool. I do like most if not every iteration of the Spider, but can't see it as a Cool car.

Ball-achingly beautiful to look at.

Ball-achingly unreliable to own and maintain, I would imagine, but a SZ nevertheless.

Get the same thrills with an NA MX5 for a fraction of the pain.

You're going to be the talk around car enthusiasts if they see you driving this. It turns heads and draws alot of attention for many, MANY good reasons.

Sub-Zero.

Sub-Zero. No questions asked. I see no need for an explanation.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if this made it to the Ice Box.

Back