United States
Wasilla, AK
1967-1969 Alfa Romeo Tipo 33 Stradale nominated by OriginalCheezIt

1968-Alfa-Romeo-33-Stradale.jpg

Alfa-Romeo-33-Stradale-Car.jpg

Stats:
Production: 1967-1969
Style: 2-door coupe
Engine: 122 ci/1,995 cc naturally aspirated DOHC V8 (rated 250 HP & 150 lb-ft)
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Layout: Mid-engine, Rear-drive​

If that's really true about it having a 6-speed, that's pretty amazing.

Can't say I've heard of this one up until now but that thing looks like it would be unreliable, completely impractical and other than racecar drivers exclusively owned by large businessmen who are too scared to drive it themselves. Absolutely, positively sub-zero.

It's fast, it was pretty for the time period, but it's looks are often overrated, and these kinds of rare classic cars end up as collector's items and usually come out for concours events. That drags this down to just regular cool.

Really nice looking car, and the 6 speed 2L V8 is cool.

Not sub-zero though, it doesn't have the history of a Miura or an Evo VI.

Sub-Zero. Classic European sports car (or supercar, whatever you want to call it) with awesome looks and cool doors. I like the quad headlight one a little better but this one is still oozing coolness.

A sleek car that competed against the Miura and GT40 of that decade. Unquestionably sub-zero due to it's beauty.

Stradale = "road"

That name is good enough for me. Anything that looks like this, with that layout and that engine, designed to be suitable for driving to the shops (not specifically, but you get my drift), is an easy SZ.

Alfa Romeo design study. Please.

The only way this could be cooler is if Zagato was involved. There would simply be no place on earth for such an automobile.

I'm Saxton Hale.

And when someone compares this much lesser than the weather up north, I'll pound them to death with my own fists!

Uncool.

Would have probably gone with meh, but looks brought it down. I just don't find it all that good looking, IMO.

I don't smoke, but looking at a 33 Stradale for more than a few seconds tends to give me the feeling that I need to light one up immediately once I'm done.

Absolutely, unequivocally Sub Zero.

Beautiful, beautiful little cars - saw one at Goodwood a few years back and they are really tiny!

There are things that aren't a matter of opinion, they're a matter of fact. No discussion. You can like or dislike the Mona Lisa, it's irrelevant, it's a masterpiece and that's the end of it.

Sub-Zero, and I'm not gonna even argue with anyone who dissents because it'd be like disagreeing on the magnificence of Hamlet.

Latest Posts

Back