• Poll closed .
United States
Orange County, NY
GTP_GT916
Nii916
1967-1972 Mazda Cosmo 110S nominated by @All Your Base
MHV_Mazda_110S_Cosmo_Sport_1972_01.jpg

Engines:
982cc Wankel (Mazda 0810), 982cc Wankel (Mazda 0813)
Power: L10A: 110 hp; L10B: 130 hp
Torque: 96 lb-ft.
Weight: 940 kg
Transmission: 4-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe
Additional Info: "The Cosmo 110S had the first 2-rotor rotary engine in the world. It was also featured in the show "Return of Ultraman"."​
Mazda_cosmo_sport.jpg

1967_mazda_cosmo_sport_2.jpg

1967_mazda_cosmo_sport_3.jpg

1967-mazda-cosmo.jpg

1972_Mazda_Cosmo_Sport_L10B_Rotary_For_Sale_Interior_resize.jpg

The Cosmo is an example of a car that had the right upbringing. Learning from the mistakes of NSU's own Wankel engines (not being tested properly prior to their release), Mazda made sure they really prepared the Cosmo to take on all roads and mileages. It is very good-looking, it doesn't have the tuner vibe that affects the RX-7, and it has also starred in Ultraman. Sure, Ultraman is a bit cheesy, but hey, it's legendary stuff in Japan.

Oh, and it also survived a 72-hour (!!!) endurance race in Nurburgring. If it can finish that, it can finish anything. Get the fridge, it's sub-zero to me.

Last edited:
I love classic carsfrom the 50's, 60'sand 70's and this is no exception. High Cool

The first rotary-powered car, and no reason at all that it would be uncool.

Sub-Zero.

Sometimes I truly wonder if these polls are for trolling or what.

But just sometimes.

Last edited:
Aside from the L10A's shorter wheelbase and exaggerated rear overhang nearly ruining the profile, the early Cosmo models are absolute stunners.

SZ.

The proper birth of a rotary engine working in cars, absolutely STUNNING looks, and was able to survive 72 Hours around the Nurburgring.

It's EASILY Sub-Zero.

Just wonderful. Way cooler than any other Mazda and managed to steer itself away from the rotary fanboys that are glued when you hear "Mazda"

Sub-Zero

It's ok I guess, but plenty of other cars from that time period I would rather have. Plus not a fan of rotaries.

Wanted to vote meh, but fat fingered it and hit uncool by mistake.

Seriously missing a Bellet there.

Bellett comes behind the three I posted already and the Isuzu 117 Coupe; and just ahead of the Toyota 2000GT, the Honda Beat, the Toyota 800 Sports, the Autozam AZ-1, the Honda S800 Coupe and the original Zed.

Last edited:
Back