mohs_ostentatienne_opera_sedan_07.jpg

Body Style: 1-door sedan
Engine: 5.0L OHV V8
Power: 193 hp
Torque: 272 ft-lbs
Weight: 2604 kg
Transmission: 3-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front-engine, rear wheel drive
Additional Information: The Ostentienne Opera Sedan was accessible only from its one rear door and sported solid steel side rails for crash protection. Ostentatious doesn't begin to describe options like gold-inlaid panels, refrigerators, sealed beam taillights, and Ming-style oriental rugs. It also had nitrogen filling those tyres surrounding those 20" wheels. Also, the engine came from a International Harvester, as was the chassis. At a starting price of $19,600 in 1967 and the styling, it's no wonder this car is probably one you never heard of.​

mohs_ostentatienne_opera_sedan_06.jpg
mohs_ostentatienne_opera_sedan_08.jpg
mohs_ostentatienne_opera_sedan_12.jpg
mohs_ostentatienne_opera_sedan_14.jpg
mohs_ostentatienne_opera_sedan_13.jpg
mohs_ostentatienne_opera_sedan_16.jpg
mohs_ostentatienne_opera_sedan_15.jpg
mohs_ostentatienne_opera_sedan_17.jpg
mohs_ostentatienne_opera_sedan_18.jpg
mohs_ostentatienne_opera_sedan_19.jpg

What the hell is this thing???
1967 Mohs Ostentatienne Opera Sedan nominated by @Ken

View attachment 540561

Body Style: 1-door sedan
Engine: 5.0L OHV V8
Power: 193 hp
Torque: 272 ft-lbs
Weight: 2604 kg
Transmission: 3-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front-engine, rear wheel drive
Additional Information: The Ostentienne Opera Sedan was accessible only from its one rear door and sported solid steel side rails for crash protection. Ostentatious doesn't begin to describe options like gold-inlaid panels, refrigerators, sealed beam taillights, and Ming-style oriental rugs. It also had nitrogen filling those tyres surrounding those 20" wheels. Also, the engine came from a International Harvester, as was the chassis. At a starting price of $19,600 in 1967 and the styling, it's no wonder this car is probably one you never heard of.​

mohs_ostentatienne_opera_sedan_06.jpg
mohs_ostentatienne_opera_sedan_08.jpg
mohs_ostentatienne_opera_sedan_12.jpg
mohs_ostentatienne_opera_sedan_14.jpg
mohs_ostentatienne_opera_sedan_13.jpg
mohs_ostentatienne_opera_sedan_16.jpg
mohs_ostentatienne_opera_sedan_15.jpg
mohs_ostentatienne_opera_sedan_17.jpg
mohs_ostentatienne_opera_sedan_18.jpg
mohs_ostentatienne_opera_sedan_19.jpg

Well... it's certainly Ostentatien... er, ostentatious, I mean. It's a car that will certainly turn heads, plus not many chances will arise where a car owner can say he has Ming rugs inside his daily driver.

But alas, this Mohs only suits one type of owner. A very specific, rather well-known type of owner;
bone-gloves-barry-weiss-storage-wars.jpg

And as much as I respect the gentleman above, I would not be able to appreciate any journey inside this combine Thunderbirds car, due to my head spinning wildly out of control from all the confusion. Sorry Mohs, but even for me you're too much. I could use the Ming rugs, though.

I'm guessing the designer of this is related to will.i.am?

Seriously, Seriously Uncool. It should be burned followed by taking the remains to a volcano to ensure it never sees the light of day again.

While it does have some interesting design qualities, the way they are combined just doesn't work.

Uncool.

Interesting idea, executed in a less than aesthetically pleasing way.

Still cooler than most convertibles, many hatchbacks, the new Beetle and all generations of Audi TT.

I guess at least I learnt something from this thread... now I know about the SafariKar too. It's not much prettier... :D

EDIT: So I posted it in Cars You Never Knew Existed Until Now ;)

What my original nomination thread post looked like. Which will lead you to understand why I voted uncool

Ken
Body Style: Saloon? Coupe? Crossover? A small manor? I don't know. All I know is that entry was through a single rear door.
Engine: 5L V8 / OHV / 16 Total valves / 2 valves per cylinder
Power Output: 192.97 bhp @ 4400 RPM
Torque: 272 ft.lb @ 2800 RPM
Weight: 2604 kg/5740 lbs. Same as the Death Star I think.
Transmission: 3 speed automatic transmission. Figured this thing would have 10 speeds because, you know, ostentatiousness.
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive. Again, surprised this was so mundane. I figured it would be mid-engined and front wheel drive or something more "distinguished".
Additional Information: The Ostentienne Opera Sedan was accessible only from its one rear door and sported solid steel side rails for crash protection. Ostentatious doesn't begin to describe options like gold-inlaid panels, refrigerators, sealed beam taillights, and Ming-style oriental rugs. It also had nitrogen filling those tyres surrounding those 20" wheels. Also, the engine came from a International Harvester, as was the chassis. At a starting price of $19,600 in 1967 and the styling, it's no wonder this car is probably one you never heard of.

Oh god... It looks absolutely shocking. And really, really cheap. Whoever made this car must've been blind. Seriously Uncool.

One door, has V8, looks quite unique from the otehr cars, and this was the bloody late 60's.

I normally would just hit SU on this but, I am too tempted..

...I'm not even going to heaven anyway so, screw it. S-Z. This thing, I have legitimately, no words. I can't even describe it myself. This, is a one of a kind.

Back