• Poll closed .
United States
Orange County, NY
GTP_GT916
Nii916
1969-1972 Chevrolet K5 Blazer nominated by @buickgnx88
361682_13909339_1972_Chevrolet_Blazer.jpg

Engines:
250 ci (4.1L) I6 (Chevrolet 250 Straight-6), 292 ci (4.8L) I6 (Chevrolet 292 Straight-6), 307 ci (5.0L) V8 (Chevrolet 307 Small-Block), 350 ci (5.7L) V8 (Chevrolet 350 Small-Block)
Power: 250: 110 hp; 292: 125 hp; 307: 135 hp; 350: 170 hp
Torque: 250: 190 lb-ft.; 292: 220 lb-ft.; 307: 225 lb-ft.; 350: 275 lb-ft.
Weight: I6: 1668 kg; V8: 1727 kg
Transmission: 3-speed manual, 4-speed manual, 3-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door SUV
Additional Info: "Was designed to combine the off-road capabilities of a vehicle like the Ford Bronco, with the "luxuries" found in pickup trucks such as A/C and an automatic transmission."​
chevy-k5-blazer-parts.jpg

Restored_1972_Chevrolet_K5_Blazer_1381793746.jpg

001.jpg

1972_K5_Blazer.jpg

attachment.php

552671_348bb9a168_low_res.JPG

Why is this model ~600kg lighter than its successor?

Also. Meh. Don't really care for the Blazer, but this has the proper front end.

Boxy and bland.

Still gets a meh because it looks better than some of the other things.

Well I voted cool dangit! :P
It's great off road, good on road, has a stout drive train and good engines, and I think it looks awesome, not "generic" as some are saying.

Edit: surprisingly, none of the pics posted show it with the roof removed.
attachment.php

There's probably no such thing as a 40+ year old SUV/truck that is less than Cool, in my mind. Clean, classic looks and purposeful design.

I think these have aged well and look really cool if kept up like the pics in the OP. These and Internationals of a similar era have more character than the Bronco, for me. Solid Cool.

It has an honesty that I appreaciate. It's also just at that age where it's no longer just an old truck, a good clean original one is a classic.

My stupid fingers voted uncool when I wanted to vote cool.

These are actually fun, same with the Ram Charger and Bronco. And really to me are on the same level of being purpose built as an old Rover or FJ (though smaller). To me these along with older jeeps are the last real thing that were built to actually off road nicely off the lot and haul your family around. Which makes them cool in that sense, others would probably use how versatile they are in this modern world to mod and make fast easily on dirt...I don't care for that so production wise I'll say it's a cool idea and serves more purpose than their current land yacht selves.

Pretty cool. It's an example from a way of life that most people who care about "cool" aren't accustomed to. Unlike sports cars, this doesn't stick it's chest too far out. It looks like a normal truck to many people. Seems like the kind of vehicle you'd want to ride shotgun in, turn on some Brad Paisley, and have the guy with the cowboy hat explain to you why rodeos are fun.

Well I voted cool dangit! :P
It's great off road, good on road, has a stout drive train and good engines, and I think it looks awesome, not "generic" as some are saying.

Edit: surprisingly, none of the pics posted show it with the roof removed.
attachment.php

And a 70s US truck that can do this is way beyond cooler in my book.
I agree. :)

My very first vehicle ever was a 67 Chevy Truck. I have ALWAYS loved the 67-72 Chevy trucks including the blazers. The tops can be removed for an enjoyable convertible cruiser. My brothers, girlfriends dad actually owns a K5 blazer and its in excellent condition. The drive trains are rock solid but the bodies usually rust out if not taken care of. The blazers are very rare in this area.

EDIT: @granturismo916 The title should actually read 67-72. ;)

Last edited:
Back