Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
1969 Dodge Charger Daytona nominated by @Neddo

ChargerDaytona.jpg

Body Style: 2-door coupé
Engines: 426 Hemi 426 cu in (7.0L) V8, 440 Magnum 440 cu in (7.2L) V8
Power: 375 hp (440), 425 hp (426)
Torque: 480 ft-lbs (44), 490 ft-lbs (426)
Weight: 1815-1900 kg
Transmission: 4-speed manual, 3-speed automatic Torqueflite 727
Drivetrain: Front-engine, rear-wheel drive​

7b609000-5bee-44c1-c4c6-e9b56badd8fb.png
fl0115-204118_2.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
1969-Dodge-Charger-Daytona-interior.jpg

Sssseriously Uncool. Just look at that wing, that nose! You rock up somewhere in this and you'll have to anorack to them why it's so messed up, why the wing doesn't really work.

Sssseriously Uncool. Just look at that wing, that nose! You rock up somewhere in this and you'll have to anorack to them why it's so messed up, why the wing doesn't really work.
It had a purpose though. When you're going around Daytona at 200+, you would maybe want a but of downforce wouldn't you?

Although I prefer the Plymouth Superbird, this is still very cool :)

Even the fender scoops had a purpose, for tire clearance in race trim. Ford was cooking up just as bonkers of a responce, then NASCAR changed the rules before it got out of hand.

The car is over the top, the wing originally was much shorter, they raised it after discovering the trunk would be useless.

It's a SZ.

It looks like a 1960's muscle car trying to imitate a Ferrari F40's aerodynamics and I love it.

Cool

...or possibly the F40 is an 80's supercar trying to imitate something off of a 1960's muscle car? ;)

Classic muscle cars go directly into the fridge.

Sub-Zero

I'm sorry, but I don't think cars with NASCAR connotations can be cool. I'm aware that the NASCAR connotations apply more to the Plymouth than the Dodge, however.

Neat aero tricks, like the already mentioned front fender vent scoops. The huge wing served a dual purpose, provide downforce, and the wing supports acted as stabilizers. The wings were also pretty strong, extending down through the rear quarterpanels and bolted to the subframe.

SZ

It's cool, there's no denying that - but it's not as legendary as the Plymouth Superbird.

Sub Zero.

An awesome, revolutionary, beast.
That said, the I do prefer the Plymouth Superbird, just an all-round cooler machine.

It's cool, there's no denying that - but it's not as legendary as the Plymouth Superbird.

How is it not exactly?

I'm sorry, but I don't think cars with NASCAR connotations can be cool. I'm aware that the NASCAR connotations apply more to the Plymouth than the Dodge, however.

Have you voted cool on any muscle car in the same category from the same time frame? (before I check myself that is)

I generally like muscle cars, but the styling on this is just so wrong... front and back!

Makes it look 20ft long with a 2ft wheelbase.

Still cool though.

As much he was a NASCAR Legend, when you mention something about nascar about this, I'd like to think as a negative point. I respect him and all, but NASCAR is just boring, even though it's got now a few more varied tracks, other than ovals.

Superbird on the other hand, I'm unsure of it's appearances in racing, but the tailights and signifcantly slightly longer, shows while that controls like a bigger boat, it's more fierce looking than this.

Though due to how this car is well known, appearances in games is not rare. Like Test Drive 5, for instance.

Back