Wiegert

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
1969+ Scamp Mk1 / Mk3 nominated by @Jet Badger

upload_2016-11-1_12-44-5.png

Body style: 0-2 door tubular
Engine: Any A-series, 850-1275cc I4
Power: 28 hp (21 kW; 28 PS) to 94 hp (70 kW; 95 PS)
Torque: 40 lb·ft (54 Nm) to 85 lb·ft (115 Nm)
Weight: Around 600 kg
Transmission: 4/5-speed manual, 4-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front-engine, front-wheel drive
Additional information: Founded in 1969 after the founder wanted to get a Mini Moke, but they went out of production, so he made his own. The car was based on all Mini running gear.​

Mk.1:
mk1_2_19.jpg

For sale Scamp Mk1.png

Mk.2:
mk2_2_020.jpg

Mk.3:
mk3_2_35.jpg

mk3_2_29.jpg

wp_20160826_19_10_37_pro_li.jpg

Uncool. You'd look a bit of a berk driving one of these around, and they don't have the charm of a Moke to make up for it.

I feel like we're really running out of cars to poll when stuff like this is being suggested...

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but I'd rather just have an actual Mini Moke.

Uncool.

The 94hp variant seems like fun thing to hoon offroad, but it's still just a kit car/knock-off.

I wouldn't want to drive one on the road, (are these even street legal?) but these look like they can be serious fun on a trail.

Cool.

It has the grace and looks of the diesel-electric contraption Top Gear made.

206146-Geoff.jpg

Some interesting other cars in one of the spoiler pics.

Scamps and Mokes have their place, even if that is in The Village, riviera or some private country estate.

The Cooper-engined ones sound kinda fun (and a little scary) but other than that these are very niche, mostly pointless cars to me, so a Meh it is.

I'd probably look a little odd driving one, but they look so much fun that I wouldn't care.

I feel like we're really running out of cars to poll when stuff like this is being suggested...
I wanted to nominate a Kamaz milk truck, but apparently was not allowed to. Which is a great shame, knowing that with the amount of different trim levels that has, it could keep going on here for a fair bit. :indiff:

I can't see what differentiates this from a golf cart, and neither wold be able to a common person.The Mk. I looks particularly awful.

Seriously uncool.

Like a well made version of Geoff
Top_Gear_Hammerhead_Eagle_ithrust_02.jpg

Seriously uncool

Except it has no TVR chassis, no RetroTastic® casette player, no AluminiuShelving® bodywork, no frontal inertia reduction energy bar, no deluxe garderning-chair imitation upholstery and, get this, it has NO moustache.

It's like you don't even know what you're talking about! :lol:

If you want to drive a Mini-based car that screams, "I BUILT THIS MYSELF, AREN'T I FAB!?" then a Mini Moke is a hundred times cooler.

Uncool.

Back