Citroen_SM_-_Flickr_-_exfordy_%281%29.jpg

Body Style:
2 door coupe
Engines: 2.7 L V6, 3.0 L V6
Transmission: 3 Speed Automatic, 5 Speed Manual
Drivetrain: Front-Mid Engine, Front Wheel Drive
Power Output: 180 HP

Last edited:
Sharing the engine with the Maserati Merak doesn't make this any higher than Uncool.

At least it'll be comfortable.

I'm not sure who to believe, Wikipedia sides with Doodle, and I can't find anything that says it's Front Engined

Citroën doing what they do best -- building the extraordinary. Easy Sub Zero for its styling and innovative features.

How about a photo of the engine in the front?

image.jpg

You could maybe get away with calling it front-mid engined. But they're usually just referred to as front engined.

*edit* Tree'd!

I think the uncool outweighs the cool on this one. Just the fact that you would always be explaining the car away no matter where you went is enough uncool to outweigh the cool.

FMF would probably be a better abbreviation in this instance. Without being overly deceptive.

Last edited:
Unless you want to introduce "Front-mid engine" as an entire category, "front mid engine" is still front engine unless the setback is substantial. Plenty of cars have their engines behind the front axle. Hell, my Mustang has more engine behind the front wheels than the Citroen.

I think the SLS AMG has it's engine so far back that the airbox is at the axle.

So damned cool you shouldn't wear driving gloves for it; you need those ones Neil Armstrong & Co tended to wear.

It's a design that still looks futuristic, over 40 years later. The folks that find it hideous tend to be the ones that like one tiny aspect of the automotive spectrum, and stick to it religiously.

Which technically means it's a mid engined car!

So the 370Z is MR, then?

Back