Jahgee1124
1970 Monteverdi Hai 450 SS nominated by @Cano
1970-monteverdi-hai-450-ss-prototype-front-three-quarters.jpg

Body Style: 2 Door Sports Car
Engine: 426 c.i. (7.0.L) HEMI V8
Power Output: 450 HP
Transmission: 5-Speed Transaxle
Drivetrain: Mid Engine, Rear Wheel Drive
Additional Information: Swiss supercar with HEMI heart that was a commercial failure due to it's massive price tag of $27k in 1970. Only 2 built, with other 2 built in the 1990s by Monteverdi out of spare parts. Designed by Trevor Fiore. Hai means Shark

Last edited:
Hmm... Hemi V8, MR, looks cool, has that obscurity factor...

Did it come in any other colors?

Just one more, I imagine (at least the original production in 1970) :P

High cool, possibly SZ. Not quite established enough for the latter, but gorgeous looks from an era peppered with great-looking wedges earns it a high spot. Besides, history loves a Euro-designed, American-engined vehicle or two.

I think this could be the car that handled awfully thanks to an almost 30/70 weight distribution. High chance I'm wrong but it would make sense with a 7 litre V8 in the back.

Edit: turns out I was thinking of the wrong car, this one was actually 46/54. There was a Hai 650 in the 90's, but that was very different.

It looks awesome, a beautiful shape, clean and simple 👍 Sub zero from me.

Last edited:
I know, but I mean if it was still $27k today.

I found this:

In 2012, the car was offered for sale at Pebble Beach presented by Gooding & Company. The car was estimated to sell for $600,000 - $800,000. As bidding came to a close, the car had been sold for the sum of $577,500, including buyer's premium.

Link. Seems about right for an obscure classic European car. Cool.

Cool. Looks drag it down from sub zero. The 426 Hemi powering this thing is awesome.

Sub-zero. Loos kinda odd while still being beautiful. And a 426 Hemi makes it even more sub-zero.

Also, I just noticed the door handles are in completely different positions on the picture in the OP than the one @GranTurismo916 posted. :lol:

How did I not hear about this car before? Its absolutely gorgeous.

You'd need to be a connoisseur to own one, but at the same time its not the type of car you have to explain to people.

Sub-Zero.

Sub-Zero by looks alone. Then you realize it's mid engined commercial failure from 70s, which makes it even cooler.

It's hideous.
So hideous.
It's 1970 and it's a supercar with wire wheels.
Looks like an inbred Miura/Europa mix.
1970%20Monteverdi%20Hai%20450%20SS_2.jpg

Ugh. That massive wheel arch makes it look like a dually pickup truck. The exhausts stick out too far. The trunk lid looks unnatural in it's position.

It's also nothing more than a concept really, as only two were built at the time.

Uncool. I'm sure it was fast with the Hemi, but it's just too ugly to ignore.

Looks like an inbred Miura/Europa mix.

You say that like it's a bad thing. I admire both cars and if this was a mix of them two, I say it's pretty well done. And wire wheels seem to fit well on it. Hideous? I wouldn't go far.

But sure, your opinion is your opinion, one of the few that thinks this is uncool. Also, just because it's a concept car it's uncool? Come the **** on. Sure, it may be or not reasonable, but even if I'm unable to find this car in my country or even buy it, why does it matter? If I wouldn't be able to find a Miura or buy it myself, would I vote it uncool? No.

If it's available in purple, it doesn't matter what other colours it's available in.
Only matched by brown. Now one of these in brown...

Anyway, solid cool.

Back