Engines:
2.3L I6 (Toyota 2M)
Power: 109-115 hp
Torque: 117-127 lb-ft.
Weight: 1290-1360 kg
Transmission: 3-speed manual, 4-speed manual, 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe
Additional Info: "This generation was the first Crown marketed as a Toyota in Japan, as previous models were marketed as Toyopets."
Curator's Comments: The information in this nomination may be slightly incorrect, as @CLowndes888's specs and the specs I got from my brief research didn't match up.
800px-1972_Toyota_Crown_MS60_Coup%C3%A9.jpg

toyota_crown_1971_images_1.jpg

images_toyota_crown_1971_1.jpg

toyota_crown_1971_pictures_1.jpg

toyota_crown_1971_photos_1.jpg

Looks aren't offensive and the power is respectable for it's day. I don't know a great deal about these but I'm guessing they're rare now?

Cool.

That strange thing above the front grille... Is that a hood grille? It's a strange detail, and not a common one, that's for sure.

As for the rest, it's more or less your standard 1970's Japanese coupe. Which is sorta neat, so I'll give it a low cool.

"What do you mean 'copied the entire rear profile of the Mk1 Mustang coupe'?"

Like many Japanese cars of that era IMO. Plenty of American cars had major design cues stolen for subsequent small Japanese cars.
Still a decent looking car, though I'm not sure if I agree with @SVT Cobra GT's sentiment the power was decent for its day (most American cars in the same luxury GT breed had 3-4 times more power than this, most European cars probably had 2-3 times more power, let's face it this thing was slow then and it's slow now). Engine swaps can always be done though, I'll give it a cool.

Kujira Crown = Insta superhigh cool. If the wagon was included in the nomination I would have hit sub-zero without even entering the thread.

As other have said, looks like a mini Mustang with very odd front end :lol:

I like it, but it's not cool.

I was going to give it a cool but because what you guys said about copying Mustang style, I will give it uncool.

I don't know whether that gap under the bonnet is supposed to be air intake or just poor build quality, not that it matters though, as it looks awful. Uncool.

A pure 'I don't care what other people think' moment. I used to draw these when I was a kid (yes, yes, they were new then, ok) I was so obsessed. SZ.

It's a pretty awful amalgamation of 1960s styling cues. Plenty of Japanese automakers did this, yes; but most at least chose a better car to crib from than the 1967 Barracuda.

Easy - Sub Zero
Okay it has some Mustang styling cues (and others), but overall I'd love one of these.

It doesn't matter the driving experience, nor the performance as such.
But would you feel cool driving this around?
I would!

I polled it so of course I'm going to say cool. Or is it due to the fact that many people just ignore it?
I think both

Back