Engines:
0.35L I3 (LC10)
Power: 37 hp
Torque: 30 lb-ft.
Weight: 500 kg
Transmission: 4-speed manual
Drivetrain: Rear engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe
Additional Info: "Only slightly larger than a Mini, this little sports car, with a Giugiaro body and Suzuki mechanicals, featured all around independent suspension and an impressive amount of power."​
1972_Suzuki_Fronte_Coupe_01.jpg

fronte-coupe-002.jpg

zilver.jpg

yanakasan110-img600x450-1310643312ihqmwl19103.jpg

Cervo_2.jpg

Suzuki-Fronte-Coupe-07-640x370.jpg

Cool, but in a yappy dog kind of way. It yaps enough and secretly wanting to kick it gives way to suddenly realising how cute it is. But it has slightly obnoxiously funny eyes and a nose, which stops you completely falling in love with it.

These weren't uncommon in the UK back in the day, though I'm not entirely sure why.

Probably not the first car I'd think of if someone tried to describe a rear drive coupe producing more than 100hp per litre.

I think I'm just going to go with cool, except for this one:

Cervo_2.jpg

There's something about a white, late 1970s car with British number plates which looks a bit miserable.

Just about creeps over from the geeky side of old, small, Japanese cars and into low-cool territory.

@GTP_Ingram That car shouldn't even be relevant to the poll as it's an early 80s SC100 GX (Cervo). Same goes for the one in this additional pic:

zilver.jpg

I think the minor design differences alone would be enough to make me vote uncool. Front end looks like a downsized second gen AMC Matador.

Last edited:
Why does it have a cheese grater on the front? Mirrors look stupid. Wheels look stupider. Typical for Japanese city cars, horrible power.

On the other hand, it's rear-engined and it has mudflaps., which saves it from SU.

Uncool.

Ah, the old Cervo. It's a neat little car, despite some minor bad blemishes. Apparenty, people either love or hate the classic hood-mounted mirrors, but I do agree that some wheel options just make it look a little too cheap.

But despite all that, I still think it's a fun, cheerful car. The Cappucino just did the "Kei-car coupe" shtick a bit better (and cooler). It's a cool for me.

Hmm I think it's the Cervo I used to see around then. Praps this could cover the Cervo too (it's stylistically almost identical) but I guess the nomination stands.

Probably not the first car I'd think of if someone tried to describe a rear drive coupe producing more than 100hp per litre.

I think I'm just going to go with cool, except for this one:

Cervo_2.jpg

There's something about a white, late 1970s car with British number plates which looks a bit miserable.
I think it's because of BL cars like the Allegro, Marina, and Princess.

Sub-Zero, I love the quirkiness and I love Suzuki.

Just about creeps over from the geeky side of old, small, Japanese cars and into low-cool territory.

@GTP_Ingram That car shouldn't even be relevant to the poll as it's an early 80s SC100 GX (Cervo). Same goes for the one in this additional pic:

zilver.jpg

I think the minor design differences alone would be enough to make me vote uncool. Front end looks like a downsized second gen AMC Matador.
It was...quite hard to find additional pics for this car. This came up when I searched "Suzuki Fronte Coupe" and it looked like one to me so I added it.

It does it's job well, but I don't know anything about it and I don't really have must interest in it. Meh.

"an impressive mount of power"
37 hp...
seriously uncool
For a 1100lb kei car with a 360cc engine, that's not bad at all.

And now for the inevitable what the hell does power have to do with coolness argument. No one says anything about the 500 and the Beetle, but no, this is uncool for having more power.

Not judging or anything, but 37 hp mated to a 500 kg body makes decent power to weight ratio. It's no sports car, but it really isn't that bad for a car of this size. In a bustling city, when do you ever need a lot of power? They suck up gas.
the most impressive thing is the power for the Capacity more then 100hp per litre, for a car from the 70s is amazing, however this car needs to be about half its weight to be decent speed wise(Double its power and weight and you will see what I mean 74hp at 1000kg).

I don't usually laugh at cars, but I did with this one. Uncool. And how can you even get fender mounted mirrors wrong? They just aren't working here at all.

Back