• Poll closed .
United States
Wasilla, AK
1972-2003 UAZ 469 nominated by Rage Racer

UAZ469_IRL.jpg

Stats:
Production: 1972-2003
Style: 4-door convertible SUV
Engine: 149 ci/2,445 cc naturally aspirated OHV I4 (rated 75 HP & 123 lb-ft)
Transmission: 4-speed manual, 2-speed transfer case
Layout: Front-engine, Rear-drive with part-time four-wheel-drive
AKA: UAZ 3151 (after 1985), UAZ Explorer, UAZ Marathon, UAZ Dakar, UAZ Racing (all non-numeracal names are vehicles imported into Italy by Martorelli company)​

My take? As a product of a communist regieme, this car is automatically Seriously Uncool forever.

Last edited:
As a matter of fact I do, and I was rather miffed that GT5 included the Volkswagen Kubelwagen and Schwimmenwagen instead of the (probably better from a racing point of veiw anyway) Willys Jeep.

Ignoring the stuff regarding communism..

Meh. I'd go with cool if it actually had some kind of power for offroading. It might do ok with what it has, but I'd be willing to bet it would get stuck rather easy in stock form. Doesn't look like it has manual locking hubs either, which brings it down. The only thing saving it from uncool is the part time transfer case, though I feel it lacks one more speed there as well. I also really am hoping it at least has some kind of Dana axles...

Overall, eh. Whatever. I wouldn't buy it when there are much better options out there.

Also, the fact that where ever you go, someone is going to ask you what kind of Jeep you have because lets face it, this thing is simply unheard of.

Last edited:
As a matter of fact I do, and I was rather miffed that GT5 included the Volkswagen Kubelwagen and Schwimmenwagen instead of the (probably better from a racing point of veiw anyway) Willys Jeep.

You say a racing point of view, but your bias tells me it is a more nationalist subjective view...

Fixed.

I said uncool, basically just a Russian Jeep, nothing particularity remarkable.

any reason that has anything to do outside of looks, performance, and engineering in general. If Mao's cousin's wife's best friend from college helped build Datsun's in the 70s he'd use that as the reason to hate.

any reason that has anything to do outside of looks, performance, and engineering in general. If Mao's cousin's wife's best friend from college helped build Datsun's in the 70s he'd use that as the reason to hate.

Wait 'til he finds out that the Sunbird was made by humans, and you know what else are humans?

RUSSIANS.

How's he going to get to work if he refuses to drive a car made by people sharing DNA with communists?

Wait 'til he finds out that the Sunbird was made by humans, and you know what else are humans?

RUSSIANS.

How's he going to get to work if he refuses to drive a car made by people sharing DNA with communists?

Oh that's low....

I LOVE IT.

I... can't help but vote sub-zero. These little things always seem cool to me and I voted higher then that because I just like it that much. I want one for some reason.

Also you should really look these up on YouTube @Slashfan I don't know anything about whether some have modifications or not but they're good. Can't link due to phone.

RUSSIANS.

He will walk, but then decide not to because the communist also walked place to place and opt for unemployment.

He will walk, but then decide not to because the communist also walked place to place and opt for unemployment.

So he will stay still then, but no, because Russians sometimes sit.

He will have to do something that no human can ever do, have negative mass.

Once we harness the power of a negative mass W&N, we can finally make a warp drive.

This will be a breakthrough in science, and we have W&N to thank for it.:bowdown:

I was introduced to this thing by Spin Tires, and I liked it immediately. Compact offroaders are awesome, and one with such adorably proportioned old-school & rugged styling is a Sub Zero from me.
Meh. I'd go with cool if it actually had some kind of power for offroading. It might do ok with what it has, but I'd be willing to bet it would get stuck rather easy in stock form.
Your concept of "offroading" seems to be limited exclusively to mudding through thick pools, when it actually means driving anywhere on anything that isn't a road. I'm pretty sure it's just fine at doing what it was designed to do. Here's some official(?) footage that ought to guarantee that we're looking at stock examples, unlike other YouTube videos (you can skip to 1:00 for action shots):

Also, the fact that where ever you go, someone is going to ask you what kind of Jeep you have because lets face it, this thing is simply unheard of.
Does "where ever you go" include Russia?

I'm still not really all that impressed. It seems to be alright.

I'd like to see it go through a pond with water coming inside the cab and all around the engine without getting buried and having the front end sink, or crawl some huge rocks and mow down trees. Or even deep, wet snow. That would impress me.

The stuff this guy records is fun...

Last edited:
I'd like to see it go through a pond with water coming inside the cab and all around the engine without getting buried and having the front end sink, or crawl some huge rocks and mow down trees...
How many stock american trucks on OEM tires can do those things? You judged it in stock form, I gave you stock form. You gotta compare like for like, man.

If you want to talk modified, I can show you modified (the camera is turned rightside up at 1:14):

Who cares what it's capable of if people can't hear you two blocks away!

Also, needs more V8.

Tires are the only mods to those in my videos. Trying to find stock trucks wheeling is near impossible.

You'd be surprised what a stock truck would do.

I'm my taking a knock at the thing I'm just saying there's better options out there.

Defender anyone? And you all know Im not the biggest fan of that.

I'm genuinely surprised if you didn't find that channel crossing video impressive, @Slashfan.
Who cares what it's capable of if people can't hear you two blocks away!

Also, needs more V8.
Engine swaps with loud V8s are on YT as well. Of course no one ever mods anything that isn't Detroit-built.

Cool. Basic and ruggedly simple utilitarian 4x4 that was one of Russia's better attempts.

Death to the capitalist pigs...! Say no to Micro-transactions, buy a UAZ!

Not really.

I find a lot of Soviet military equipment quite interesting, but this isn't really ticking any of my boxes, it's cooler than it is uncool, but I'm struggling to find a reason to kick it up from m'eh.

And, yeah, @White & Nerdy perhaps you should post 'your take' on cars in the second post, as to avoid tainting peoples opinions of the vehicle being polled - y'know they may vote cool just because you hate Russians.

I'm still not really all that impressed. It seems to be alright.

I'd like to see it go through a pond with water coming inside the cab and all around the engine without getting buried and having the front end sink, or crawl some huge rocks and mow down trees. Or even deep, wet snow. That would impress me.
Because people in a country with no roads definitely wouldn't know how to build a decent offroad vehicle.

Back