Body Style:
2-door coupe
Engine: 1.0L 2-rotor Wankel
Power: 113 hp
Torque: 119 ft-lbs
Weight: unknown
Transmission: 3-speed semi-automatic
Drivetrain: Mid-engine, rear wheel drive
Additional Information: Designed by Marcello Gandini at Bertone, it used the engine of the Ro80 and had 4 seats arranged in a trapeze.​

1973_Bertone_NSU_Trapeze_Concept_01.jpg
1973_Bertone_NSU_Trapeze_Concept_03.jpg
1973_Bertone_NSU_Trapeze_01.jpg
1973_Bertone_NSU_Trapeze_Concept_08.jpg
bertone-concept-cars-top-10-4808_12084_969X727.jpg

Awkward. Wankel. But it's still a Bertone and the seating is nifty--plus I like the look of the retracted headlights. Meh.

I don't know how to feel about this.... Kinda Cool?

It's a mid-engine 4 seater... Wankel... Looks kinda large and not much power... Ehhh....

Quirky. Extraordinarily so. On top of that, I've never even heard of this car. Sub Zero despite of semiautotragic, because quirky.

Nothing about this car seems appealing. It fact, it's rather unappealing from every angle, inside and out. SU.

This was designed by the same person who designed the Stratos.

So maybe that's why it looks so much like my attempt at drawing a Stratos.

Citroen SM
Chevrolet C3 Corvette
Lancia Stratos

So many allusions to beautiful cars yet it's just... no.

For a 1973 car, this has some pretty before-its-time details. Not talking about the headlights, weird seating positions or the Stratos come Saab 90 glasshouse, but those flush to the body rear lights and the integrated front and rear bumpers are ahead of anything on the streets at that time.

But it's still a concept car. SU.

It's like a really bad mishmash of so many different cars.

Uncool.

Why did I come in here thinking I would see a car designed by the cheer team of a state U?! :lol:

Reminds me of an Alpine
It looks so freaking cute though *^*
Cool because lights and cuteness

I voted uncool. I actually like it in a way though. Needs a few nips and tucks, and the drivetrain from the Dino to push it through the STRATOSphere of coolness.:lol:

Never saw this before but I like it a lot. The only thing that bugs me about it is the placement of the Bertone badge, which looks kinda slapped on. Shades of the Stratos and even DS. Damn you VW for presumably killing this one off :)

Back