Production:
1974-1977
Styles: 2 door coupe
Engine: 3.9L V12
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Layout: Mid Engine, Rear Wheel Drive
Power Output: 370 HP

Countach!

The Piedmontese use this word to refer to gorgeous women...

Fitting name, for a gorgeous car... it has a ton of drawbacks, yes... but just look at it! :drool: It evokes feelings that can only be matched to the ones that your loved one can evoke... IMHO...

It's fire, it's passion, it's refined... it's loud, it's powerful, it's a classic... it's art...

It's... Subzero...

lamborghini-countach-0.jpg

Last edited:
Peculiar, futuristic wedge shape that's subtle enough not to come across as overly lurid for its time. Plus the Periscopica variant had one of the coolest rear-view mirror designs of any car.

Straight to Sub Zero.

Not as cool as the '80s version but still cool.

Uuuuungh this. As much as I want to agree with the people that say that this is the finest itteration of the Countach because it's the less cluttered one, which it is, I think it's missing something. Fortunately, the thing won that something in the 80s, which is also the moments I like more of the car.

This one is cool, but about 10 years short of subzero.

Zero Kelvin.

The original Countach before fender flares were added could hit a top speed of possibly 190 mph (faster than a 288 GTO's 288 mph), but it was never tested. The 500S would be the model that broke the record at 185 mph.

The Countach is the most legendary supercar ever built, with good reason.

Kind of surprising to see the 80s version getting more love. Most Countach & older Lambo enthusiasts (age-wise, not model) tend to prefer the original as the prettier, less in your face of the models.

Gets a cool from me.

Kind of surprising to see the 80s version getting more love. Most Countach & older Lambo enthusiasts (age-wise, not model) enthusiasts tend to prefer the original as the prettier, less in your face of the models.

Gets a cool from me.

If you look back in the 25th anniversary Countach thread you've got guys complaining about the 80's styling and wanting the 70's version. Now there's people wanting the 80's!

Kind of surprising to see the 80s version getting more love. Most Countach & older Lambo enthusiasts (age-wise, not model) tend to prefer the original as the prettier, less in your face of the models.

That also happens a lot with the DeTomaso Pantera. With which I agree more, even though I also absolutely love the bewinged, flared GT5 version.

If you look back in the 25th anniversary Countach thread you've got guys complaining about the 80's styling and wanting the 70's version. Now there's people wanting the 80's!
I haven't seen that thread but it wouldn't surprise me. A lot of people think the 25th Anni. Model was way too overdone though I personally love it.

I think the LP5000 QV, though was the perfect blend for the car style wise & really stamped Lamborghini's place in history.
That also happens a lot with the DeTomaso Pantera. With which I agree more, even though I also absolutely love the bewinged, flared GT5 version.
Too true. I like the Pantera in all forms, but I'm a sucker for the GT5 version.

I haven't seen that thread but it wouldn't surprise me. A lot of people think the 25th Anni. Model was way too overdone though I personally love it.

I think the LP5000 QV, though was the perfect blend for the car style wise & really stamped Lamborghini's place in history.

I might go nominate the 5000QV now... maybe.

My childhood resided with the 25th Anniversary, doesn't make this one any less cool though.

This absolutely. The 25th Anniv was too much. The QV is the most awesome of all Countachs.

Back