Engines:
5.3L V8
Power: 280 hp
Torque: 302 lb-ft.
Weight: 2024 kg
Transmission: 3-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 4-door sedan
Additional Info: "Often remembered for being named as one of the worst cars of all time by Time Magazine. And one of the ugliest of the past 50 years by Bloomberg Businessweek."​
Aston_Martin_Lagonda_md-f.jpg

Aston-Martin-Lagonda-1-700x463.jpg

89_Aston_Martin_Lagonda_BY-06-GW_06.jpg

aston-martin-lagonda-07.jpg

aston-martin_lagonda_1987_photos_1.jpg

AstonMartinLagonda-interior.jpg

Meh, overall because of the looks, but it'd be cool to roll in somewhere with a loud ass exhaust on this thing.

17gf0f96g2ynjjpg.jpg

Never mind the weird body styling; the interior alone makes it cool. It has a lock on the console!

And the fact that Time Magazine hated it makes it cooler.

Sub Zero.

It looks like an overstyled Buick Regal. Uncool.

The Regal is actually pretty good looking for an 80s American car. This isn't.

17gf0f96g2ynjjpg.jpg

Never mind the weird body styling; the interior alone makes it cool. It has a lock on the console!

I think those are concept photos of the interior...the production ones were a bit more 1970s-1980s:

lagonda_interior.jpg

cb5d568735035495a423deb2c0e0d7afx.jpg

Aston+Martin+Lagonda+Dashboard.jpg

So...in reality, it was either a GMC Astro van's controls mixed with a Buick Reatta's CRT, or a Litton microwave oven.

I think those are concept photos of the interior...the production ones were a bit more 1970s-1980s:

lagonda_interior.jpg

So...in reality, it was either a GMC Astro van's controls mixed with a Buick Reatta's CRT, or a Litton microwave oven.

Well, looking through Google Images I'm seeing various colors of both types in all different conditions, so it may have been the interior was revised during its 14-year production. The Aston Martin website shows the top photo, so it's probable that that version as produced at some point.

Interestingly, the website also states that the first Lagonda wasn't delivered to its owner until 1979, and it wasn't until 1982 that it came to the U.S.

Underpowered. Big. Heavy. Ugly. A British land-yacht, or sorts. But it's an Aston, so I'll give it uncool. Being an Aston is the only thing it's got going for it.

lagonda_interior.jpg

That is a very strange interior. But it doesn't stop me from calling the car uncool.

I still find it hard to believe that Aston Martin built the thing at all, nevermind for over a decade with several substantial revisions.

I absolutely adore these things but they are so, so, so not cool. The electronics, dash and console look incredibly dated and lame.

I voted cool. These are cool in a sort of hipsterish (and yes, I agree, hipsters are SU) way. They're so uncool that I actually find them pretty cool. Not quite sub zero, but I do think there's something very, very cool about driving one of these today. You have to be pretty secure in yourself, but you also have to see that the 70s styling is kind of awesome, if dated. There's just something about this thing that I find very cool.

Cool, just because it just looks so weird. Sometimes, cars can be so bad that they can be cool. And I'm fairly sure that this makes no sense to anyone but me.

Unusual is not necessarily cool. There's well-designed unusual, and then there's this mess, which is an ungainly caricature of a car.

I'm sure Quasimodo had his charms, but a car isn't a singing hunchback, sorry.

These things are sheds.

The idea is fantastic, but Aston just didn't have the capability to execute it effectively - rubbish electrics, massively unreliable.

Uncool.

I think those are concept photos of the interior...the production ones were a bit more 1970s-1980s

That is a production example. Early-80s S2 in exceptionally good condition and... Uh, a unique shade of green:

4665203790_0dd85e02ee.jpg

Very few cars out there that I can think of that have such an awkward stance and shape. But I know if I ever saw one I'd still be awestruck regardless. In a good way, much like the W8.

Cool.

Last edited:
It might be an Aston, but it sure as hell isn't pretty like a proper Aston. Then there's those mid-70's electrics.

Uncool.

These have aged well I think in terms of the exterior.

The interior is comical now but isn't a bad thing somehow.

And it has pop up headlights. Automatic cool.

I find it appealing, even if it's more expensive to keep it for a week than actually buying it. But in all seriousness, it may become cool in another 20 years, but for now it's seriously uncool.

Three-speed automatic transmissions aren't suited to anything with over 100hp, unless you're just flooring it in a straight line, or driving a car like a grandma. I've never liked the squished front look and the stupidly-long hood, which I always felt was visually uncomfortable. It looks like Cadillac Seville which underwent a partial metamorphosis and conversion to Stutzism, but ran away from the cult leader in fear for its life. I'll forgive the whopping girth (it's a pure fat-cat luxury car) and power output (cromulent for the late-1970s-1980s), and the truck tires of the time, but little else. Points for being wildly ambitious.

I guess this car floated Aston Martin for a decade in between a handful of limited-run vehicles, which rather amazes me. It wasn't all that unusual for 10/15-year design lifecycles for American and European vehicles until the 1990s.

Uncool.

Back