Engines:
8.2L Twin Turbo V8
Power: 591 hp
Torque: 601 lb-ft.
Weight: 1300 kg
Transmission: 3-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Mid engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door convertible
Additional Info: "Only 2 were made, both still exist, one being in the Middle East. The car came with a detachable hard top and convertible soft top, electronic instruments, air conditioning, an automatic fire extinguisher, electric seats and windows, a telephone and a television set."​
1347526992.jpg

Panther6_1981.jpg

74742.jpg

93_6-650x433.jpg

Likely inspired the Covini. 6 wheels just doesn't work on a car unless it's an extreme off-roader.

Seriously Uncool.

Looks like a 70s interpretation of FAB 1. Minus the pink.

But yes. In reality it's yet another Tyrrell-inspired lump built for the sake of extravagance. Seriously Uncool.

No chance

That.

The engine alone weighs more than 300kg.

According to this Octane article the aircon system was lifted straight from a Mack Truck.

So no chance in hell this weighs only 1300kg.

16 feet long and nearly 7 feet wide. :lol:

And the final nail on the coffin?
It has Vauxhall front end wishbones!

Last edited:
Too weird and old to be anything less than Cool, even down to the big (hush, Slash :P) twin-turbocharged V8. I'm not sure I believe those horsepower/torque stats, either.

The Youabian Puma will be similarly cool in 35 years, if anyone actually bought one. You guys just don't understand the coolness of weird and ambitious failures.

I was 7 when this was unveiled and it was the coolest car ever.

6 wheels, massive engine, pop-up headlights, claimed 200+mph top speed in the 70s.

Sub-Zero.

You youngsters know nothing.

@Liquid -- It's a mid-engined six-wheeled soft/hardtop convertible from the 1970s with pop-up headlights and a twin-turbo V8. Everything about that sentence is cool, particularly as a two-off footnote in automotive history. ;)

It's late-70s-tastic. It's cool because it's bad.

Gotta say cool just because I love crazy people, which the creators of this obviously were. I bet you'd get more people laughing with you than at you if you drove by in one, too.

Additional Info:​
"Only 2 were made, both still exist, one being in the Middle East. The car came with a detachable hard top and convertible soft top, electronic instruments, air conditioning, an automatic fire extinguisher, electric seats and windows, a telephone and a television set."​

Clearly an important feature, in case the owner sobers up and decides to kill it with fire. :D

It would be kind of cool for the six wheels and the uniqueness if it wasn't such an eyesore.

Ah yes, the other attempt of copying the Tyrell P34, and creating a road-going car from that. And of course, another car that only managed to get the novelty factor right. But to be fair, I don't dislike this as much as the Covini. I dunno why, maybe it's because the car is surprisingly well-equiped for such a massive thing with six wheels. Speaking of massive, that V8 engine is huge as well, too bad you know the fuel consuption will destroy your wallet (that may explain why one of them is currently on the Middle East)...

But yes, it was a commercial flop regardless. Only 2 cars manufactured is hardly my idea of a sucessful venture. But I'll spare it a SU. It's still uncool, regardless of novelty value. It's just too cumbersome to work properly.

I was 7 when this was unveiled and it was the coolest car ever.

6 wheels, massive engine, pop-up headlights, claimed 200+mph top speed in the 70s.

Sub-Zero.

You youngsters know nothing.

Thank you. Now I feel a little less old. :lol:

These things were pretty cool toy cars:
tomica-panther.jpg

Cool.

Back