Sunbeam-Lotus.png

Production: 1979-1981
Styles: 3 door hatchback
Engine: 2.2L 16V Lotus Slant 4
Transmission: 4 speed Manual
Layout: Front Engine, Rear Wheel Drive
Power Output: 150 HP

I never heard of this car before.

And I'm ashamed about that. Because now I'm giving this a high cool. Damn, a RWD Hatchback? Plus this car reminds me of the Fiesta in some way.

Last edited:
The fact that it was a late 70's early 80's Chrysler before being renamed in 1979 made me give it Uncool, it's a shame too because I would have given it Cool otherwise

The fact that it was a late 70's early 80's Chrysler before being renamed in 1979 made me give it Uncool, it's a shame too because I would have given it Cool otherwise

Except this has nothing to do what so ever with the crap Chrysler US build. Chrysler UK/Europe made this.

Given I'm not a fan of hatches during this time period, I give this a cool vote.

A rear-drive hatch with nearly twice the power as others takes notice.

This car is many thing, interesting, fun, and quirky to name a few.

Cool is not one of them.

This is a hatchback with rally lights and stripes.

Not really sure about this one, rally cars are cool but it's also an early 80's Chrysler product which isn't cool. I'd say overall it leans more uncool than cool, so I'll go with that.

I know this brand because our family used to have one of the utilitarian cars of Talbot.

But i had no idea they partner up with Lotus to make such a RWD hatch...

What a bland design, but the spec make it cool!

80S car... i approve... cool

This car is many thing, interesting, fun, and quirky to name a few.

Cool is not one of them.

This is a hatchback with rally lights and stripes.
Yup. My first reaction was how much I liked it. That's when I realized it's not cool. People like me getting excited about slant 4's, and RWD hatchbacks aren't cool.

I think I voted subzero even before I finished reading the thread title.

To ask why this is cool would be like asking "Why bacon?" That's a question not worth answering.

By the bye... where's the "FWD suxx, RWD roolz" contingent when you need them? :lol:

I never heard of this car before.
And I'm ashamed about that. Because now I'm giving this a high cool. Damn, a RWD Hatchback? Plus this car reminds me of the Fiesta in some way.

Don't worry, neither have I.

By the bye... where's the "FWD suxx, RWD roolz" contingent when you need them? :lol:

Here.

It's better looking than the first Golf, and it's RWD with a Lotus engine. Small hatches cannot be sub-zero, however. This one is a high cool.

Was going to go with "Meh" but then I saw it was RWD and had 150hp. Gave it a cool because it predates most (all?) "hothatches"

Back