• Poll closed .
United States
Orange County, NY
GTP_GT916
Nii916
1980-1985 Cadillac Seville nominated by @Toronado
cadillac_seville_elegante_1983.jpg

Engines:
4.1L V6 (Buick LC4), 4.1L V8 (Cadillac LT8 HT4100), 5.7L Diesel V8 (Oldsmobile LF9), 6.0L V8 (Cadillac L62 V8-6-4)
Power: Buick LC4: 125 hp; Cadillac LT8 HT4100: 125-135 hp; Oldsmobile LF9: 105 hp; Cadillac L62 V8-6-4: 145 hp
Torque: Buick LC4: 205 lb-ft.; Cadillac LT8 HT4100: 190 lb-ft.; Oldsmobile LF9: 205 lb-ft.; Cadillac L62 V8-6-4: 270 lb-ft.
Weight: 1730 kg
Transmission: 4-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front engine, front wheel drive
Body Styles: 4-door sedan​
cadillac_seville_1980_wallpapers_1.jpg
photos_cadillac_seville_1980_2_1600x1200.jpg

photos_cadillac_seville_1980_1_1600x1200.jpg

pictures_cadillac_seville_1980_3_1600x1200.jpg
pictures_cadillac_seville_1980_2_1600x1200.jpg
93448_Interior_Web.jpg

1980_cadillac_seville-pic-1966236316786786864.jpeg

Hum, that rear... I do not really know what to say. I mean, it doesn't look that bad, but it's giving me weird vibes. As for the rest, great luxury, huge size (and weight) and your classic (in more ways than one) Caddy. Not entirely tastless, but that Diesel engine had to be one of Caddilac's biggest mistakes.

It all balances out to a meh from me. Sorry slant-back Seville, you're a bit too confusing for me to get you a clear rating.

I'll give it a nod for unique GM styling, but otherwise meh. Doubt it'll ever gain American classic status. Plus those were bleak years for GM and Cadillac.

Looks good and imposing from the front, then it all goes wrong at the back. Uncool.

The most Surprising thing is it had a Diesel.

I don't mind the back of it but the rest of the car is generic 80s GM so Meh it is.

Could we call it the "Devil's favourite engine"? Because it looks like a thing that belongs in hell, if you ask me... :boggled:
Well, I'll put it this way when it comes to the diesel- I've only saw a handful of anything with that diesel appear on Craigslist. Most of them that started as diesels were swapped with SBCs for good reason. That diesel was bar none one of the worst engines GM ever made.

The most Surprising thing is it had a Diesel.

I don't mind the back of it but the rest of the car is generic 80s GM so Meh it is.

You'd be surprised by the number of diesel engines offered back in the early '80s due to (you guessed it) high gasoline prices. Not sure if GM was emulating the Germans (Mercedes comes to mind), but I don't think the public was sold on them.

I'll tell you what, Tornado loves his Caddies! :yuck: :)

Well, I'll put it this way when it comes to the diesel- I've only saw a handful of anything with that diesel appear on Craigslist. Most of them that started as diesels were swapped with SBCs for good reason. That diesel was bar none one of the worst engines GM ever made.

So, it's fair to say that most Seville owners can easily do without the Diesel engine. Same goes for most of GM's 1980 Diesel engines, it was just a failed attempt to keep up with increasingly strict emission laws that eventually were toned down anyways. Of course, modern times dictate a different idea...

This.. thing.. can be nothing else but seriously uncool. Large, heavy, severely underpowered and FWD on top of it.

So, it's fair to say that most Seville owners can easily do without the Diesel engine. Same goes for most of GM's 1980 Diesel engines, it was just a failed attempt to keep up with increasingly strict emission laws that eventually were toned down anyways. Of course, modern times dictate a different idea...
The 8-6-4 falls under the same route. GM attempted to make cylinder deactivation technology at that time but didn't pull it off at all. Those were also pretty terrible. This is absolutely one of the last 80s GM cars I'd ever want. I'd far rather have a 4 door G body over this.

Bustleback Caddy with wire wheels and white wall tires.

Cool. Even with the 350 diesel and the way ahead-of-it's-time V8-6-4.

Never realised these things were FWD. Despite that, I do love me some 70s-80s US barges (well within reason) and always liked the "quirky" rear-styling of these. Worryingly inefficient engines don't deter me from a "Cool", context is all and I would love to cruise around in one of these. Oh and extra points for being a lot lighter than I'd imagined.

Killed diesel in America. Seriously Uncool.

-

That styling is interesting. But the rear end seems about as good for aerodynamics as the Beetle's arse. Which is to say... it looks like it sucks. Drops too abruptly. Not enough angle in the rear undertray. I appreciate that they were going for a very classical look with the "trunk", but it doesn't match the rest of the styling.

FWD is fine.
Diesel is fine.

This car, however, is anything but. There are absolutely no "goods" to the chassis, other than the fact it might ride somewhat nicely in a straight line on a flat road. The drivetrain, regardless of options, was awful in all possible aspects.

It's also in direct violation of Rule #1, so it wouldn't matter if it was absolutely magical, it'd still be horrendously uncool.

Back