Weight: 1200 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, four wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe​
audi-sport-quattro-c699822092013015222_8.jpg

84-Audi-Quattro-Dv-12-CbS_04.jpg

84-Audi-Quattro-Dv-12-CbS_013.jpg

84-Audi-Quattro-Dv-12-CbS_i01.jpg

Nowhere near my favourite rally car but this is an iconic road car.

Cool

Quite subtle for a Group B homologation, on the other hand, the bodykit and the bonnet still look tacky. But it's an Audi that doesn't interest the seriously uncool Audi owners. Cool, would be uncool, if it was any tackier.

One of a very tiny minority of Audi road cars which I find remotely interesting or exciting. But I do find it very exciting indeed.. Sub zero.

Not as iconic as the original longer wheelbase Quattro, but still an epic machine. SZ.

Revolutionary 4WD design.
+Dominating rally car.
+Group B.
+Iconic 80's car.
+5-Cylinder Engine.
+Audi Sport.

=SUB-ZERO

And why on earth would anyone disqualify it for being cool just because it's homologated? It's not a race car, it's not a flashy supercar, it isn't that fast, and you actually can get one of these for a very cheap price.

Last edited by a moderator:
An ugly, pig-nosed car that has a following of almost exclusively car-enthusiasts, revering it for the Group B days. Lacks the more delicate styling of its Italian or French contemporaries, nor is it as crazy as the arse-engined hatches. It is a blunt instrument.

I like it, but the only people that would find it cool if I rocked up in one would be car people. Car people are, on average, uncool. Most anybody else would see a slightly hacked-up old Audi.

brr-winter.jpg

Absolute, mother****ing Sub-Zero. This car deserves the Ice Box. Group B, fast for it's time, iconic, unconventional 5 cylinder, what can go wrong?

It looks like *generic 80s car* that someone took to a chop shop. If you're lucky whoever you show it off too will wonder why you spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on an old Audi that someone took to a chop shop.

Last edited:
An ugly, pig-nosed car that has a following of almost exclusively car-enthusiasts, revering it for the Group B days. Lacks the more delicate styling of its Italian or French contemporaries, nor is it as crazy as the arse-engined hatches. It is a blunt instrument.

I like it, but the only people that would find it cool if I rocked up in one would be car people. Car people are, on average, uncool. Most anybody else would see a slightly hacked-up old Audi.

My exact thoughts. Unlike the Lancia 037 or the RS200, it's Group B cousins atop the GTP Cool-Wall, it doesn't look to be much more than a hacked-up Audi, a cartoon version of a dull and uninspired design. Can't call it seriously uncool, but a borderline Uncool.

Imagine taking your date in one of these, they'd think it's some boy racer car. And then you'd have to get her to put the safety harness on... uncool.

Back