Jahgee

(Banned)
United States
New York
Jahgee1124
1984-1989 Toyota MR2 nominated by @TuneR-
1989_Toyota_Mr2-1.jpg

Engines:
1.5L I4 (3A-LU), 1.6L I4 (4A-GE), 1.6L Supercharged I4 (4A-GZE)
Power: 1.5: 83 hp; 1.6 G Limited: 116 hp; 1.6 GT: 124 hp; 1.6 Supercharger: 145 hp
Torque: 1.5: 86 lb-ft.; 1.6 G Limited: 97 lb-ft.; 1.6 GT: 104 lb-ft.; 1.6 Supercharger: 140 lb-ft.
Weight: 920-1130 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual, 4-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Mid engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe​
modelpicture.php

1st-Toyota-MR2.jpg

1984_Toyota_MR2_01.jpg

340971.jpg

379121-1000-0.jpg

379161-1000-0.jpg

Big problem with people putting awful rims and fart cans on them around here, but it's a mid engined sports car, that most people have a shot at affording. Cool.

Seems like W10s have dropped off this corner of the Earth over the past couple of years while W20 numbers soar as young buyers making the most of a cheap mid-engined sports car.

These are nearing classic territory meanwhile. Plus it's one of the better examples of an 80s design ageing with grace. Cool.

Last edited:
Absolutely sub zero, I've always dreamed of owning one since I was young and my dad bought one and autocrossed the crap out of it. Can't wait to get my project car going. :D

I love the high revving engine, the stripped out basicness, and don't even get me started on the looks. I love the blocky retro wedge shape with the pop ups, and then you get inside and the dashboard looks like a retro spaceship. I love it.

Solidly cool car. Affordable and mid-engined sounds good to me.

As a fellow Kentuckian I'm gonna have to call out @peobryant on his vote.

Actually, MR2's are raced in various rally events these days. I gave it Sub Zero just because the 222D was such an awesome prototype and testbed..

Light, affordable, quite reliable, mid-engine sports car. That's what it's supposed to be. Too bad that here, most of them are either, ruined by rust, stupid wheels and 5000€ price tag, or turned in to rallycross cars. Uncool.

Last edited:
Probably the least molested MR-2. Getting rarer and rarer and quickly achiving classic car status. It's your cheap, reliable mid-engined car.

Solid Cool

MX-5 before the MX-5, just with a hardtop. These have aged rather well given the blocky, square design.

Cool

Neat little thing. But wow they are tiny from the one I've seen in person.

The very first MR2, eh? Now this is how build an affordable MR sports car, while making it reliable enough to withstand sporty use. Now getting closer and closer to true classic status, more and more people cherish their examples as standard unmolested cars. The Supercharger, Group B ties (even if it never raced) and appearances in the mangas "Countach" and "Over Rev" are only icings on the cake for me. If you do own a MR-2, please do not ruin it with bad upgrades, you have a really nice car in your hands. If only that Group B prototype became a reality when it could've...

Sub-Zero, the bad owners are not enough to shift the car's rating this time.

@JMoney689 I think the car is hideously ugly, the interior is extremely displeasing and everyone I have seen around me is either rusted to pieces, or rusted to pieces with a terrible exhaust "system." The owners I've met haven't been the most intelligent or respectful gentleman either. Plus, every time I see the car I think of this guy...

futurama_s03e21_05.jpg

I'm sure the car would be a blast to drive, however that has nothing to do with how cool it is.

I've been looking for one in decent condition ever since I turned sixteen (2 and a half years ago.)

Finding one for a reasonable price is the problem, as the ones in my area are basically untouched...

Sub-Zero.

After much dithering I'm going with uncool. As much as I like them, for some reason I can't help but think that a mint one would be driven by a person who wants something to show off in, but can't afford anything pricier.

In all honesty I think one used for track days and not treated as if its special might be cooler.

Uncool, seriously.

Possibly one of the ugliest cars ever made, made even uglier when fitted with TSW three spokes, and painted metallic blue - as most are around me. Probably what hairdressers bought before the MX-5 was released.

Back