Subaru_Justy_4WD_first_gen_phase_I.jpg
tumblr_n98bwuPD4Y1taq1ojo7_1280.png
5559548760_3e52944a38_b.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
Subaru Justy (3).jpg
6592985383_42abde17d7_b.jpg
subaru-justy-interior-wallpaper-4.jpg
subaru-justy-interior-3.jpg

I can see this being more desirable than similar cars of the era, but it doesn't really make much of a statement.

Meh.

In the unmolested blue of the second spoiler image, 30-odd years old and still near immaculate this could definitely be considered cool. It's just an honest hatchback with a bit of dirt road credibility.

High cool.

There's just something about the Mk1 Justy that just makes it an honest little thing, whatwith it's 4wd and thrumy little 3-cylinder units.

Couple that with it being a fair bit rarer than it's Swift-based successor I find this gen of Justy a steady cool.

Childhood friend of mine wanted one of these as a beater he could rag around offroad. I honestly like it, it's just a shame no one around here - who even has one? - takes care of them.

Giving it a cool.

Flicking through Auto Trader as a kid and seeing this weedy city car with AWD actually made me consider getting one as a starter. Cheap as dirt and they always seemed like potential fun.

In the grand scheme of things they really aren't cool, though they get a smidgen more respect than most other small '80s runabouts.

Anyone up for some Monday Night Rehabilitation?

penis_car.jpg

That Festiva belongs in the Tasteful Mods thread.

These were a bit underpowered to be good fun, but skinny tyres could counter that a bit.

I prefer the rebadged Suzuki Swift that came after this. One of those with a 16v engine were absolutely hilarious to drive.

Still kinda cool though, barely.

How many of these are even still around? I'd say I've maybe seen one but the 80's have such similar designs it's hard to tell.

These things are uber cool. There is a generation of the subaru justy that shares chassis with the suzuki swift/geo meteo/chevy sprint cars. I used to have a geo metro and I loved it. I really miss it and want to get another one! I'd also love to have a daihatsu charade gtti, 3cyl, dohc 12v, turbo monster!

Sub-zero super-cool mentalist-mobile. Could go anywhere and there are probably a few in the European hinterlands still climbing misty hillsides in search of lost sheep or loose gravel roads.

Cool.
I'm showing my age, but who remembers the TV ad with the CVT out accelerating the competition? :D

Huh?

Go look at some on YouTube, they can go bloody anywhere! Putting one in the city's like caging a mountain goat :D

It's no different to a Fiat Panda 4x4. It just means you can get around a bit better when it snows. Otherwise it's business as usual. Drop kids off at school, go to Tescos, pick mother up from bingo etc etc. You'd be mental to buy one of these to actually go off-road when there are a million AWD's with more ground clearance that can do a better job.

It looks like a generic '80s hatchback. It has 4WD, okay but at least they could have given it a bit more of a rugged appearance.

Uncool.

Back