Orange County, NY
GTP_GT916
Nii916
1987-1994 Lancia Delta Integrale nominated by @Beeblebrox237
DSC_4945.jpg

Engines:
2.0L Turbo I4
Power: 8V: 182 hp; 16V: 197 hp; Evo I: 207 hp; Evo II: 212 hp
Torque: 8V: 224 lb-ft.; 16V: 220 lb-ft.; Evo I: 221 lb-ft.; Evo II: 232 lb-ft.
Weight: 1250-1340 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, four wheel drive
Body Styles: 5-door hatchback
Additional Info: "This car, in competition spec, won the world rally championship six years in a row from 1987 to 1992, making it one of the most successful rally cars ever built."​
6023936894_ec10d55fa7_b.jpg

id2RLZg1.jpg

Lancia_Delta_Integrale_by_Dario_Carbone_05.jpg

lancia-delta-verde-york-16.jpg

Lancia_Delta_Integrale_Evo_2_IMG_9403.jpg

6140991334_4581a73ff0_b.jpg

DeltaHFint16v.jpg

The second greatest hot hatch of all time, a rallying legend and the greatest Lancia since the Stratos.

Sub Zero.

The second greatest hot hatch of all time, a rallying legend and the greatest Lancia since the Stratos.

Sub Zero.

What's the first greatest hot hatch then, AudiMan?

Anyways, this car shouldn't really need an introduction. Powerful, great cornerning, and a rally legend. When you say Delta, most people will conjure the image of a white and red car with the word Martini emblazoned on its side, being driven like a maniac around the best rally stages by some legendary driver. Even as a road car, the Delta is still one great piece of kit. Also the very last great Lancia to touch the British shores (the horrible descendant of the Delta should not even be mentioned here). The last great rally Lancia? Yes, of course, there's another accolade that this car has and will always keep.

All in all, this car, much like a Martini bottle, has only one place to go. The fridge!

Here's a video of the car doing what it did best:

Last edited:
The 205 GTI.

Ooh, good one. Although even me, a Peugeot enthusiast, finds it hard to pick a winner between these two. They're both rally legends (Pikes Peak and Group B for the 205, the modern rally era for the Delta) on the dirt, and insane hot hatches on the road. I'd call a draw on the battle between these two...

The 205 GTI.
Personally IMPO I feel the 1974 VW Golf GTI is the greatest hot hatch, closely (VERY CLOSELY) followed by the 205 GTI, Delta HF Integrale Evo II and Honda Civic Type R

Back On Topic

Sub Zero

This was designed to do one thing, and one thing only; win WRC races/championships.

If something designed to do a specific task can then do it 6 years in a row, then it's doing something right.

Sub-Zero.

Hot hatch, plus rally heritage means nothing to me.

SU.
Seriously Uncool!? How, even without the rally history it is a seriously cool hot hatch, and, after all, it's a Lancia

FIRE THE FLAK CANNONS I SAY!
OR TANK CANNONS.... or plane cannons..... bazookas?

Whatever explosive launching object you have, FIRE IT!

Warm hatches? Like those with 130-170HP?
It's a bit more complicated than that. They'll generally appeal to a younger demographic, have slightly more power than the base model, and be a modern (2000+) car.

Perfect example:

Ford_Focus_RS_Side_View.jpg

Appeals to a younger crowd, because insurance is cheap, there's a decent aftermarket, and it's efficient while being some semblance of sporty. From the websites I saw, it has around 40 more horsepower than the base model hatchback, and it's from 2002 (Meaning: fully depreciated, making it easier for fresh drivers to get a hold of it).

Warm hatch was probably the wrong term, but whatever.

Seriously Uncool!? How, even without the rally history it is a seriously cool hot hatch, and, after all, it's a Lancia

Without the rally heritage, it is just a hatchback, which I do not find to be cool.

You've explained why you didn't vote SZ, but why SU? What's so uncool about this car to you?

It's a rather plain looking hatchback. Don't see anything that screams "cool" about that.

Without the rally heritage, it is just a hatchback, which I do not find to be cool.

It's a rather plain looking hatchback. Don't see anything that screams "cool" about that.
But again, just because something isn't cool doesn't make it uncool. What's your reasoning for giving it the most negative vote possible? I'm not trying to attack you here, I'm just curious why you voted the way you did.

Are you really of the opinion that a car is seriously uncool just because it has a certain type of boot access, or is there something else behind your vote?

Back